IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Car is for sale. Needs new short block. 27k all mods are staying with the car.

Most of the parts are gone. I guess I will sleep on it for a few days. Thanks 508. I will pm you in a day or two once I settle down I guess.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Car is for sale. Needs new short block. 27k all mods are staying with the car.

Good idea.. it's not the end of the world.

What does slowboy have to say for themselves?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

Ouch! Didn't expect this development. :(

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

I am talking with Mike Huml now, we will see what the out come is. I am wondering if I am at fault but these are my break-in period notes:

Okay, I am at work now and off the road. To answer your questions I'll go down the list:

1. How much power?: 330whp on EFI's tune. Base tune before new BOV and WOT tuning.

2. Mis-shifts?: None

3. Revs?: 0-7500.
a. 0miles to 250 miles 3000rpm limit
b. 250-500 miles 4500rpm limit
c. 500-1000 miles 6000rpm rev limit
d. 1000-1400 miles 7500rpm rev limit

4. Oil?: 10w40 castrol gtx after break-in
a. 0-2 miles SAE30 Brad Penn
b. 2-50 miles SAE30 Brad Penn
c. 50-100 miles SAE30 Brad Penn
d. 100-250 miles 10w40 Castrol GTX
e. 250-500 miles 10w40 Castrol GTX
f. 500-1000 miles 10w40 Castrol GTX
g. 1000-1400 miles 10w40 Castrol GTX

5. WTF?: Yeah WTF...I was driving around on a main road about 40 mph in 4th gear. I looked down at my Accessport and noticed that somewhere between getting off the highway and where I was (roughly 1 mile) the ecu had pulled 7 degrees of timing. Out of nowhere I see it climbing to -11.8 degrees and then the car started squeaking and tapping, felt like it wanted to stall and die. Within seconds it became extremely loud squeaking and then the metal slapping started; I had to pull over at this point as the car stalled and died. I had to have it towed home because it didn't want to move. No oil leaks, no coolant leaks, nothing from exterior inspection. I did pull the dipstick out and to my amazement - glitter. I am going to drain the oil tonight.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts

Could it be a broken oil pickup tube contributing to low oil pressure?

Gary

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Well during start up, The car goes to 90/95 psi and I don't drive it until it falls to around 70. Possibly! I haven't taken anything apart yet -- as you can see. To append, this was running wastegate pressure on the DOM3 the entire time.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

I would hold off on taking anything apart until you find out warranty status from your builder!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

Most of the parts are gone. I guess I will sleep on it for a few days. Thanks 508. I will pm you in a day or two once I settle down I guess.
No rush, None of this stuff is going anywhere.

you said that the car was pulling timing. Im not a tune wizz but doesnt timing get pulled when your boosting relativly high pressure?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

I would watch the timing on the accessport like a hawk. It wasn't pulling any timing during boost, which was only 12 psi, 15 on occasion. It started pulling timing during partial throttle at the time of the incident.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

So I've chewed on the meat for a few days. I believe that I am going to start this project over by tearing down the motor and finding the true root cause. I do know that I am going to sell most of my setup and change some of the bolt ons.

DOM3
DW850's
Perrin Turbo Inlet

I will be planning on a DOM4XTR, FIC 1100cc's, BC 280 cams.

If I have to rebuild the motor myself, I am just going to see what is salvageable hopefully everything but the bearings.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

This community, the awesome private messages, it's so hard to not keep pushing!

·
Registered
400 Posts

Good decision! No sense in owning a modded car if you don't know how to work on it yourself, this will be a great opportunity to get to know your car better at the same time.

I will be sure to check back for progress!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

There will be mega updates and pictures in the next few days that's for sure, this time WE GO ALL THE WAY!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)

Should be viewable by everyone.

Just linked the video from my profile. Doesn't seem to allow embedding from facebook on the forums.

Welcome to Facebook

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

DOM3 is Sold.

Invidia Downpipe /w 02 bung still up for grabs.
Grimmspeed Coated ported uppipe still up for grabs.
Perrin turbo inlet still up for grabs.
DW850CC injectors still up for grabs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

I would like to get 425 for the injectors, they have brand new seals!

41 - 60 of 506 Posts