IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Till I graduate. :lol: 8) :p :D :D :) :lol: 8) :D :p :wink:

B.S. in Computer Information Systems and Management Science

Job prospects are finally starting to look up, big interview tommorow. I will go in there, own it, and get the job. Wish me luck.. :)

S

·
0 Posts
You guys quack me up. The proper spelling of tomorrow is tumarro, or is it tomorow, or... :lol:

Congratulations on your degree and your interview. I don't believe in luck so, I will pray that you get a good job in your field.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
my third grade teacher taught me to say it Tom-or-row....to get it right. I don't know why I just told you that......

Congrats on getting out man. The job market certainly isn't what it used to be. I'll be out in mechanical engineering here in May, and while I've had some good interviews here lately, the abondance of offers just isn't what it used to be.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Now you will get to see the toll H1B and outsourcing has taken on the IT and engineering industry. Good luck with your interview and finding a job.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
STI ENGINE

Try applying to Northrop Grumman. They're in the hiring mode...in fact there's another interview day today and some of us recent hires are going to go meet them. We've got divisions in 44 states and 25 countries, and with the acquisition of TRW we're just gonna get bigger...

LOL I sound like a damn marketing guy. Anyway, if you're not against moving, give us a try.

btw JJ, how'd the interview go?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Anything and everything that isn't covered by other types of engineering is mechanical engineering. There are almost infinite specific engineering types (electrical, computer, industrial, materials, structural) but mechanicals are trained with a little of all of that. The main focus is on structural and mechanical systems.

If you see a product, mechanicals had a part in the design, manufacturing, packaging, testing......you name it. Even products such as computers and cell phones, mechanicals do the cases, test the integrity...and on and on.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The interview went well. They should let me know either today or tomorrow. I was one of three being interviewed, and I was the first, so that means I set the standard. A pretty high standard.

Should find out soon, I am excited. Tomorrow could be a really good day..

S

·
0 Posts
Congratulations! 8)

Now you can start paying back your school loans. It took me 10 years, but I finally did it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another couple of ads

Nice work man. I just started a job on the 2nd as sys admin for a school district, good pay, amazing benifits, but no time travel :( It's gonna be a long wait for the STi .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts