IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21' STI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Scoobie gang. I have a 2021 STI with less than 11k miles. Recently I have noticed when I shift from 4 -> 5 gear I get a grinding noise and a tangible grinding through the shifter. Typically it only occurs above 3k RPM, but this week it is EVERY time I shift to fifth, warm or cold motor. Any thoughts on what it could be if not a synchro issue? I dont rag on it, its a daily and only has a cat back exhaust.
I dont mind taking my car for warranty repair but if its as simple as different trans fluid I would rather not give my car up for weeks waiting on it to be fixed.
Second question is, the synchro is covered under warranty but would they be worth the trouble fixing if this is a common issue?
TIA!

·
Registered
21' STI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My thought entirely, I would have to be triple digit driving to be slamming in and out of 5th gear.

Hopefully I could get my hands on a loaner, Im not convinced I would based on the call I had with the dealer earlier, but didnt ask specifically.

·
Registered
21' STI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You make a good point. Im stressing about warranty, I am expecting them to say no to everything bc of my cat back.
Ive had piss poor luck on warranties in the past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts