IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G,day

MY15 WR Blue STI

Stayed stock for 3 weeks then got a NAMELESS muffler delete, which was fine for a while.

Just got it back from PULSE RACING who fitted, INVITICA TBE, PROCESS WEST TMIC, PROCESS WEST CAI, a 500hp fuel pump and a magical tune.

Stock it made 147kwatw & 400nm @1.17bar
Now 210atwkw & 550nm @ 1.30bar

Also fitted up some Rally Armour mud flaps and some 20mm bolt on hub centric spacers (I like the stock rims, just not their offset).

Car is so much better than stock now, minimal lag and much smother power delivery.

All credit to Pulse Racing, this is now a perfect street car, and it sounds like how a STI should sound, very angry and with a slight head cold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now with added security, I'm not sure if people are stealing them but as always, safety first.

At least I get a discount on my insurance which will pay for it over a couple of years.

BTW, the car is going brilliantly, I now look forward to a bit of inclement weather to take advantage of the AWD awesomeness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G,day

MY15 WR Blue STI

Stayed stock for 3 weeks then got a NAMELESS muffler delete, which was fine for a while.

Just got it back from PULSE RACING who fitted, INVITICA TBE, PROCESS WEST TMIC, PROCESS WEST CAI, a 500hp fuel pump and a magical tune.

Stock it made 147kwatw & 400nm @1.17bar
Now 210atwkw & 550nm @ 1.30bar

Also fitted up some Rally Armour mud flaps and some 20mm bolt on hub centric spacers (I like the stock rims, just not their offset).

Car is so much better than stock now, minimal lag and much smother power delivery.

All credit to Pulse Racing, this is now a perfect street car, and it sounds like how a STI should sound, very angry and with a slight head cold.
Big fan of Pulse racing used them plenty of times when I had my 13-WRX.. just picked up a 16-STI today. Question, did you mean you had a Invidia exhaust?? I know Pulse normally supply the exhaust from TCP which i had on my last rex.

Whats the Invidia like? no drone etc? any issue with the spacers I was thinking of doing the same?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big fan of Pulse racing used them plenty of times when I had my 13-WRX.. just picked up a 16-STI today. Question, did you mean you had a Invidia exhaust?? I know Pulse normally supply the exhaust from TCP which i had on my last rex.

Whats the Invidia like? no drone etc? any issue with the spacers I was thinking of doing the same?
Yeah, its a Invidia, sounds good, also just got Whiteline front and rear sway bars, much better handling, especially getting rid of the mid corner power on understeer.

Spacers were sweet but......

I've also just fitted some Enkei RS05RR 18x9.5 +40 with 265/35 RS3's.

I just need to sell the stock wheels and tyres and spacers now, and get some adjustable rear LCA.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Decided to relive my younger days and fitted a GFB respons BOV, took 10 minutes to install and set up.

Car runs as smooth as silk, no fluttering, backfiring or idle issues and a noticeable benifit during WOT shifts.

Its hilariously awesome x 10 set to full VTA.

I will set it to 50/50 for daily use to negate the unwanted attentions of the constabulary , but full VTA during any events for ensuring the LOL factor.

I'm 51 going on 18.

It reminds me of my old R33 Skyline, but without the flames the old boat use to shoot out its exhaust.

Good times.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The 15 is a couple of years old now, the kids have their own cars so I don't need a taxi, it's time to sell.

My review of the 2015 WRX STI:

They are a handy 4 door sedan with some performance.

They are boring in standard form but a small outlay to "stage 2" is money well spent, it's not fast but at least it doesn't embarrass itself.

Handling is poor out the box, they handle like a boat, they are relitivly cheap to get to an acceptable standard though.

Fuel economy when just cruising around is is surprisingly good for a old engine design.

Paint is extremely poor, it chips when you look at it.

I am looking at a little MX5 ND to replace the big Suby, I'll throw some basic handling and breathing mods on with a nice tune, it should be fun throwing around a small platform sporty car again.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ended up with a new 2017 Toyota 86.

No "regrats" with the swap.

It is only Toyota by badge and fuel injection really, everything is basically Subaru.

The little FA20 ended up getting a AVO turbo though.

Whilst it's alot smaller than the Scooby, it's twice the fun.

If anyone is interested > 86MLR 2017 LE From stock to not - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Fun facts:
When tuned with full exhaust, NA made simular power to my stock STI.

My tuned STI made 215kwatw and weighed 1550kg

My 86 now makes 205kwatw (7-8psi) and weighs 1250kg

The AWD system in the STI is so good, the car becomes, well, not boring, but not as engaging.

The RWD 86 is awesomeballs fun everywhere.

My recommendation is everyone should take s boosted twin for a spin.

They are a blast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts