IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Re: EeeeeeVvaaaaa!!! Lower, Louder & Faster

Well.... well... your WRX probably wasn't as sweet as mine is. EeeeeVvvvaaaa is not jealous b/c she is so fresh and so crean crean w/ no rock chips. haha.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Re: EeeeeeVvaaaaa!!! Lower, Louder & Faster! NEW Pics!

Forgot to post this one. Here is a side view of my car with the Eibach Lowering springs:

·
Registered
253 Posts

^^ drop looks perfect, i ordered the same springs and was going to wait until after winter to put them on but i'm getting tempted to throw them on now.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #92

I have noticed less body roll. They definately didn't fix the problem but hopefully a sway bar and strut brace and some other suspension related goodies will fix that.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts

I have noticed less body roll. They definately didn't fix the problem but hopefully a sway bar and strut brace and some other suspension related goodies will fix that.

A strut tower brace won't really give you noticeably better handling unless your suspension is very stiff. The struts are close to the firewall and it's a very stiff chassis to begin with. That said, a brace won't hurt, but I'd do it after other mods. Swaybars are the first mod to do and they will give you the most for your money. If you want a brace get a Whiteline lower control arm brace. That'll be money better spent, and a much more noticeable improvement. There are also a lot of bushings and other various reasonably priced parts that'll make a huge difference.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Thanks for the advice Geoff! I'll let you know when I'm ready to purchase. Might be next month, I just had an unexpected expense arrise. No fun! :(

·
Registered
548 Posts
Re: EeeeeeVvaaaaa!!! Lower, Louder & Faster! NEW NEW Pics!

The wheels looks pretty flush even when lowered. Did you use spacers? Alignment specs?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Bolson1982 - I like the lowering springs. But I have yet to be able to test them out as far as performance goes. The best comparison that I have for them, against my stock springs was based on driving up a Hwy Canyon at around 70mph. I noticed less body roll, and a little bit more feeling of control.

Bonky - Pictures don't really do that perspective justice. I did not use spacers, and have not gotten an alignment yet. :-/ (I know, bad Tasa, bad) But, I barely drive the car... so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Now the question is, how does the Skyline handle in the snow, and how do you manage to afford both!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

The GT-R does not know that snow exists. I'm sure it would do quite fine with a set of snow tires but with the stockers on there, It would not be very wise to see how it would handle in the snow. It's not my car, but I do get to drive it.

Also, I forgot to mention - the Eibach's of course make for a little bit more of a rough ride.

81 - 100 of 775 Posts