IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone switched from Prodrive to RCE springs? I'm trying to decide between the two. My only hesitation with the RCE springs is the potential for a harsher ride. I don't plan on tracking the car and it is my daily driver. I do like the drop on the RCE springs better than the Prodrives.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I am contemplating the exact same thing.
Prodrives are a solid improvement but there is def room for improvement with regards to the bobble head effect.
Def better than stock, but RCE could be the answer to my prayers.

Only time and comprehensive reviews from those who live with them on a daily driver will sway me to change from Prodrives.

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
funny, i've been debating this for a long time and felt like the only one that was considering either of those and leaning towards the prodrives. I purchased the RCE's but won't be able to know what they're like for another 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hmmm my friend has an 05 sti with prodrives and I have the 06 with rce's. I should drive his/he should drive mine and we should do a writeup. Maybe help some of you guys out.
I can say that Prodrive is a quality spring. They test/re-test/overengineer their stuff. They also have the means to do so.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
uncle lewie said:
Hmmm my friend has an 05 sti with prodrives and I have the 06 with rce's. I should drive his/he should drive mine and we should do a writeup.
Definitely... Find a patch of crappy expansion-joint laden concrete freeway and drive them back to back over the same stretch of road. That would be extremely helpful for a lot of people I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
austinpike said:
Definitely... Find a patch of crappy expansion-joint laden concrete freeway and drive them back to back over the same stretch of road. That would be extremely helpful for a lot of people I'm sure.
That aint a problem in NJ the roads are truly terrible on the car. Alright after x-mas/new year I will def set it up.

·
Registered
795 Posts
uncle lewie said:
Hmmm my friend has an 05 sti with prodrives and I have the 06 with rce's. I should drive his/he should drive mine and we should do a writeup. Maybe help some of you guys out.
I can say that Prodrive is a quality spring. They test/re-test/overengineer their stuff. They also have the means to do so.
This would be excellent! Very curious to hear both of your impressions. If the ride is comparable or improved, for me it'll still ultimately come down to the pros/cons regarding the lowering of the car. I guess I have to ask myself:
would I still be able to bomb a seasonal access road in the winter with no worries?
Would I still make it thru the local car wash without losing an underpan or ripping a mudflap? The car would certainly have a more agressive stance with RCE... always a trade off

·
Registered
140 Posts
uncle lewie,
I have Prodrives on my 06 as well. If your friend is not available to compare with give me a shout.
I find the Prodrives to be a huge improvement over stock, a bit stiffer but not overly harsh on our lovely NJ roads.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
KIDa said:
uncle lewie,
I have Prodrives on my 06 as well. If your friend is not available to compare with give me a shout.
I find the Prodrives to be a huge improvement over stock, a bit stiffer but not overly harsh on our lovely NJ roads.
Alright definetely, will do. Were you able to autox anytime after that very hot day at PNC???

-Jordon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea, one last time with the NNJ Porsche club. Really looking forward to next year, I plan on doing a ton of auto-x and I'd like to do a track day hopefully. What are your auto-x plans?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
KIDa said:
Yea, one last time with the NNJ Porsche club. Really looking forward to next year, I plan on doing a ton of auto-x and I'd like to do a track day hopefully. What are your auto-x plans?
I was able to autox a lot at Englishtown. So far I have front and rear sways and springs. If I can sneak in a track day thatd be awesome, between work and the start of grad school.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Anyone who is within an hour of Us in Baltimore, call us and I will come to you and you can drive my car with the springs. IF you buy me lunch, hour and a half.......

Myles

·
Registered
164 Posts
Subscribed..trying to decide between these 2 springs.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts