IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i hate this......there are swirls or something. i did everything to get rid of them but no luck. i did compound polish wax with the PC and the megs 3 step, and nothing still there

any thoughts on what i can do

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you lived near me Id just tell you to bring it by the house and Id see what I could do. Try this, clay bar entire car to remove anything that could have bonded to the paint surface, this will prevent any small particles on the paint from creating new swirls while tryimg to remove the swirls you already have. I have found the that the meguiars scratch x used with a porter cable buffer used on a slower setting with a polishing pad not a cutting pad works best on the subaru paint or at least the red paint on my 92x. Subaru paint is very delicate or for better words just total crap so you have to be very patient, it took over 24hrs of work for me to get my 92x paint to look half way decent. Also I use nothing but microfiber towels on my cars to keep from getting more swirls after Ive gotten rid of the originals, is doesnt take much to upset this paint. Good luck. If you have any questions you can pm me and Ill answer as quickly as possible.

Rob

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I machine wash all my towels etc after every wash. I also use Mother's Stage 2 swirl remover, followed by Meguiars NXT Liquid Wax.

That combo has, by far, yielded the best results.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Stratch X from Meguiars works pretty well. I used it on my car this weekend and got rid of some of my small scratches. Im hoping after i buy the Porter I will be able to get more involved and work out the rest. There are a few polishes that can help get rid of the swirls, but clay baring the car would probably be a good start. Then follow it by a mild polish, a salant and a good wax. Like i said in the NE section, if you have a place to work, i could help you out if you like.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I use microfiber wash mits and a microfiber glove for the wheels. Cotton/terry...never. Try Menzerna Final Polish II and a the white pad from properautocare.com followed by Menzerna Glaze with the black pad and then Blackfire or Menzerna with the red pad followed by Menzerna detail spray. All of your cloths to remove the various stuff should also be microfiber...quality microfiber...not that junk you get at costco etc.

·
Registered
198 Posts
For initial removal ,I would use noxon clear coat compound. It is in liquid form and is effective with manual application. Then Wash with good car wash.(meguiars). Apply a thick coat of zymoil cleaner wax and use Meguiars quick detailer with every wash. Cotton or micrfiber cloths for washing, drying and detailing.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Islandboy630 said:
I use Zaino on my OBP ... no visible swirls at all!

Zaino FTW!!!
I really doubt that unless you used ZPC first.

reek, did you make sure to work the compound in, then follow with the polish on a white pad speed 6 and work that in. How are you washing the car:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i use a microfiber sponge or w/e its called and 2 bucket method, any suggestions RYAN??

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Mother's Reflections also works well. My friend used it on his black 350Z and it works very well. He got rid of his swirls.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DARKSTI said:
Get a Sheepskin mit, Meguairs sells a good one. I like mine from Excel Detail.
i bought some stuff from autogeek, hey ryan will the compound remove the swirls...and after i use it do i need a quick detailer?

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
reeksti said:
i bought some stuff from autogeek, hey ryan will the compound remove the swirls...and after i use it do i need a quick detailer?
The compound will remove the swirls. I dont think you would need to use it though. I would try the polish first. If you use the compound you NEED to follow with a white pad with polish. A QD is always good to use after washes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive also heard of this new product that nu finish has its called scratch doctor... a couple of close friends have used it and the **** works great

·
Registered
198 Posts
For light swirls I use Meguiars #80 cut for light scratches and swirls.
http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner-polishs/Speed-Glaze

If that doesn't cut it then I move to #83 cut for a little more aggressiveness. http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-cleaner-polishs/Body-Shop-Professional-Dual-Action-Cleaner-Polish

these can be both applied by any random orbital or even by hand. Meguiars does have an online forum for questions, very usefull site. I use it often. http://www.meguiarsonline.com/

hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
DARKSTI said:
I really doubt that unless you used ZPC first.

reek, did you make sure to work the compound in, then follow with the polish on a white pad speed 6 and work that in. How are you washing the car:confused:
between the Z-2 and Z-5, i dont have any swirl problems. i heard the ZPC came out, so might have to try that next... but why fix it, if it aint broke... :tup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts