Suspension/Stiffening 
5K views 62 replies 19 participants last post by  CGMDan 
#1 · (Edited)
(Sorry for cell phone quality)

(This is a curb, not flat ground.)

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 · (Edited)
RaceComp Engineering said:
Curious if you bought the combination from us. ...we dont normally suggest that combo, hence why we are introducing the NON lowering version.

Myles
I didn't buy the plates from you, however it was long before you introduced the non lowering plates.

Should be a lot less off a problem once I am able to get the 6gun bja's on there. I was just quite suprised a couple months ago when I put them on.

This thread was more of an "omghi2u curb" thread than a complaint or rant or anything. :D

Discussion starter · #13 ·
flatthump said:
Thats pretty low. As long as you can take advantage of your contact patch that low you should be fine. Ofcourse...thats the hard part!

Maybe sell the lowering RCE plates and buy the non-lowering ones?
Too much work. The chance of coming out even on that is slim to none.

The real problem is my rake (huge) and the extreme control arm geometry.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Abe_Froman said:
Welcome to the club, I can no longer pull head first into my driveway, I have to back in all the time or scrap the front, it's ok, you get used to it ;)

6G bbj kit and large FSB FTW.

Why is the solution ALWAYS more money? :lol:
Hey, If you're the Abe Froman from NASIOC, I remember you. ;)

I'm totally with you on the big FSB, got that covered. Now, I just have to wait untill I have the money for the 6guns.:mad:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Turninconcepts.com said:
LOLsti's car is at 13.25 hub to fender front. I measured when I installed the setup for him. It's definitely low and would push horribly if it wasn't for the -3.1 or so degrees of camber in the front.

Tony
(ps: I drive his car faster than he does:D )
p.s.s. We haven't determined how much faster yet. :p

Isn't the ideal ~ 14 hub to fender?

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)
Turninconcepts.com said:
What is "optimal"? Optimal to one will be completely unacceptable to another. With 6gun racing's BJA's optimal is no longer as it all works. Based on the suspension design and calculations, you don't want to go below 13.5" Hub to fender in the front. That really kills camber on turns. You can see it in some of your autox pics. Thankfully, you've got a BUTT load of camber to offset that effect.

CN: BJA's in your future.

The middle part of your paragraph made my head spin, but, i realise my camber curve looks terrible, and throwing massive amounts of negative camber at it is a band-aid solution, but i don't understand how there is no optimal height? The camber curve doesn't improve if you go higher than 13.5" does it?

CN: Wheeeeee.

Edit: Nick explained it, i get it now.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Mykl said:
From what I understand, the general concensus is that ~14.0 inches is roughly optimal for an Impreza with an untampered with camber curve. I have mine set at 14.0 in the front, and 13.5 in the rear.

If I had that 6Gun BJA I would consider going as low as 13.5 in the front. Although I'd have to see some numbers to make the decision.

I knew I didn't just pull that number out of... a hat.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Mykl said:
I don't have as much negative camber up front as you do right now, but I can fit three fingers between my fender and my tire. The tire is a fresh 225/45 'Kook RS2.
I'm on 50% MX's. The camber is what keeps my car from pushing like a monster.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Abe_Froman said:
Nope struts are fine, I just want the adjustability for daily driving/auto-x, I drive mostly in MD and the roads are less than spectacular, I must be getting old :lol:. The ride is better than stock but I still think it can be more controlled, hence the Konis.
Gotcha. Sounds good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.