IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright, so in looking at the various sway bar packages and wondering if it's necessary to get additional parts with them?

hotchkis hollow bars require the links be mounted differently than solid bars i believe.... are cobb's the same way?

perrin, progress, & hotchkis come with hd mounts.... do cusco's need these purchased separately?

are the hollow bar pkg's not compatible w/ stock endlinks @ all?

does anyone offer a complete pkg solution aside from hotchkis that comes with all the necessary parts or is it just necessary to acquire them from different manufacturers?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hello Chris,

For the STi, you do not need new end links with any of the A/R bar kits. The HD mounts are necessary for Cobb and Hotchkis because they are much thicker than stock and orginal ones cannot close around the bar for proper mounting. With the 22mm Cusco bars you do not need any additional hardware and they come with bushings of course. We put the Cusco ones on to our car and installation was easy but time consuming; like any other.

The choice of A/R bars should based on overall car setup rather than brand name. If you have a softer spring/coilover setup, you might want to go with larger bars; if you will have a setup that has over 300 lbs/in. springs, you might want to go with Cusco's 22 mm bars.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thx...
i'm goingt o try and email u with some questions... or if ur on aim maybe you could help me a bit
s/n chrisx811

·
Registered
153 Posts
Haven't seen it yet - but some have come to me claiming the end links have been broken with just the stock bar.

The Cusco's are my preference - because as a company they have more experience with this chasis and the STi already has stiffer bar mounts so I wouldn't be in a rush to replace them. At a minimum I would be prepared to place a quick call for end links though if you start pushing the 22mm's hard on the OEM links.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how much are the cuscos?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
:eek: wow thats pretty expensive, i didnt expect that to be that expensive! nothen againest ya charged....this car is being used as a shop car, and at the same time i have a budget handed to me, so im tryen to get the best bargain, unless i get sponcered ya know!? :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
kronadon location

Best price I have seen for front and rear AR bars is aboot $300
Sounds like CP is in the ballpark

You have a secret source for Cusco or Hotchkis youd care to share?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts