IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have quite a bit of body roll. i know there are rear bars out there, but was wondering if there are any front/rear sets available. i'm kinda surprises sti doesn't have a pair of bars with an adjustable rear.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Cobb Tuning has some available for the STi.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Well, you didn't say you wanted some that had been out for a while. :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) no, new is great. it's interesting these are hollow. much lighter. price isn't bad at all. a springtime mod.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just ordered a factory rear sway (need to replace mine) and I guess I might as well upgrade if I have to buy one new. Does anyone know if the cusco bar will even yield decent results? I would prefer to keep everything factory, but if a stiffer bar on the sti had as much of an improvement as on my wrx, well then I am sold. What exactly is the factory rear sway bar as far as stiffness goes? 20mm?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i saw somewhere ... rallitek.com. They have a FULL STi swaybar kit!! I know that will be a mod coming up soon. Comes with front and rear sway bar... well here you go: "The front bar increases from factory 18mm to 22mm. The best on the market. This iPD Rear Three Way Adjustable Sway Bar adjusts to 22, 23, and 24 mm. With new heavy duty Mounting plates that replace the stock flimsy sheet metal holders. New steel end links instead of the plastic stock ones. Poly bushings and Zinc Coated. Bar is easily adjusted in five minutes with easy hand tools. Less understeer and body roll. " Hope that helps!

Robert~

also just a quick question... what does adjusting the rear swaybar do? (from 22 - 23 - 24mm)?? What is the advantage of each setting and why? Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's official: JDM Sti Twin scroll complete setup for sale

A thicker bar means that it is stiffer. A stiffer bar in the rear adds more oversteer to counter the cars natural understeer. A thicker rear sway bar also helps with body roll.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
thank you! You can just adjust the rear so that you dont get too much oversteer i suppose? Thanks for the info, I hope to get me a set soon.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
also is that rallitek package a good deal? Anyone checked it out? thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
sorry to keep being a pest... but does anyone know if that package (full swaybar package) is a good deal? Comes with everything , that way the install would be a snap! rallitek.com ... any help would be great.

Robert~

·
Registered
508 Posts
This is one FAST Rabbit!!!!

I think the rallitek package looks a bit pricey. Both Cobb and Hotchkis offer full kits in the $350 range with hollow sway bars which are lighter than even stock. IMHO, your best bet is to get one of these sets, and set the adjustable rear bar to its lightest setting and then adjust up for more oversteer to suite your driving style.

-Nick

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
UberWagon said:
I think the rallitek package looks a bit pricey. Both Cobb and Hotchkis offer full kits in the $350 range with hollow sway bars which are lighter than even stock. IMHO, your best bet is to get one of these sets, and set the adjustable rear bar to its lightest setting and then adjust up for more oversteer to suite your driving style.

-Nick
wow thanks man, I actually thought that the $4XX was a good deal. I didnt realize the other kits were that cheap. Thanks for the tip and I will be looking around. Either of those you mention any better then the other? Sorry to sound like a newb (but I kinda am handling wise - as I've never had a really handling-oriented car), but what do you mean lightest setting? and then do you mean adjust it from 22-23-24mm or something to adjust oversteer in the rear swaybar? Thanks man for the help.

Robert~

also how much will new endlinks help ? It doesnt seem to come with either package (cobb and hotckis), but with the rallitek. I'd like to use the perrin ones, but they say No sti...so any help here as well would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
2.0 Vs. 2.5

No worries :wink:

I think either Cobb or Hotchkiss will treat you well and their designs seem almost identical. I haven't tired either, but pricing is very similar so maybe just pick your color! (I'll probably pick whoever is cheapest at the time, but leaning towards Cobb.)

I meant the softest setting (22mm in your case) which would give the smallest trend towards oversteer and allow the rear end a little more independent movement. You don't really want to overdo it.

The STi comes with much upgraded endlinks stock over the old WRX so you shouldn't need to upgrade. (This last bit is from Cobb directly.)

So do I get a free grounding kit for all the help? :lol:

-Nick

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
UberWagon said:
No worries :wink:

I think either Cobb or Hotchkiss will treat you well and their designs seem almost identical. I haven't tired either, but pricing is very similar so maybe just pick your color! (I'll probably pick whoever is cheapest at the time, but leaning towards Cobb.)

I meant the softest setting (22mm in your case) which would give the smallest trend towards oversteer and allow the rear end a little more independent movement. You don't really want to overdo it.

The STi comes with much upgraded endlinks stock over the old WRX so you shouldn't need to upgrade. (This last bit is from Cobb directly.)

So do I get a free grounding kit for all the help? :lol:

-Nick
Ya man thanks for the info!! I really apprecite it. I will really be leaning toward the Cobb tuning as I like their color/ 25mm FSB / 25mm RSB design. That and I like their lightweight tubular design. They seem to have a lot of track testing too. Thanks for the endlinks suggstion too. As for the wiring kit ordeal ... :) if you can find me a store that will sell me that full sway bar set (25mm lightweight tubular design for STi) at any kind of discount I will surely do you right if you buy any kind of StaticX Motorsports product down the road ;) hehe. Thanks man and just lmk.

Robert~

1 - 20 of 97 Posts