IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered, Cusco front and rear swaybars, STi Pinks and STi Stut Tops. How should i set up the rear strut bar with that setup? the first second or third setting? any help would be appreciated. and does anyone have any input on the parts i got. I ordered from Myles and he said that this should give me a killer setup and i haven't heard anything negative about the swaybars or springs, but the tops are what i'm not sure about. he says the tops will significantly tighten suspension. any one have comments / suggestions / experiences?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Re: will headers throw a CEL?

The tops will tighten suspension response so it is good. Upgrading the anti-roll bars on the STi is definetly worth it. However, you don't give much specifics beyond that and it is difficult to tell at this time. Can you give a little more information please?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is stock except for the above mentioned upgrades, and whats in my signature. what other info would you like?

·
Registered
154 Posts
In addition, what about the non-adjustible bars from Cusco and others? Prob cheaper and don't have to worry about messing up the suspention.

·
Registered
508 Posts
STIml8n said:
How should i set up the rear strut bar with that setup? the first second or third setting? any help would be appreciated.
My general recommendation is to start with the softest setting in the rear bar and work your way up. This allows you to get used to the increasing amounts of oversteer.

I currently have the pinks and strut tops and they defintely tighten the car up with a negligable change in ride comfort. There still is signifcant body roll however, which your sways bars should help improve upon. I will probably end up with the same set-up as yourself.

-Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since you bought a rear swaybar you may want to think about upgrading your endlinks to the new Perrin STi specific endlinks. I have the red STi specific Perrin rear bar, and after driving hard for a month they are bending rapidly. I just preordered the perrin links. If you get them make sure you ask if they are the STi specificlinks, because the regular wrx links are not the right length. I ordered them from World One performance(I highly recommend them.

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
759 Posts
STIml8n said:
I just ordered, Cusco front and rear swaybars, STi Pinks and STi Stut Tops. How should i set up the rear strut bar with that setup? the first second or third setting? any help would be appreciated. and does anyone have any input on the parts i got. I ordered from Myles and he said that this should give me a killer setup and i haven't heard anything negative about the swaybars or springs, but the tops are what i'm not sure about. he says the tops will significantly tighten suspension. any one have comments / suggestions / experiences?
I want to do the "pinks" and some anti roll bars also. I will probably replace the end links as well. Does the Cusco include end links? I have heard/read about the stock end links being weak with aftermarket anti roll bars. Comments on the STi end links?

I will probably do these mods this spring. Possibly through a package deal by a certain Imprezawrxsti.com vendor :wink: {if the price is right!}.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
STIml8n said:
Everything is stock except for the above mentioned upgrades, and whats in my signature. what other info would you like?
I apologize for not seeing your response several days ago, sometimes the new message indicators does not work when I loging to the boards as I do so from various computers :(

Any how, if I understand the question properly, I think UberWagon's suggestion is right on. With the Cusco bars, set the rear one to the very last hole (farthest away) which is the softest setting. Drive that way for at least few days, and then try the middle hole and try it for few days. If you are still not satisfied with the overall setup or just curious, then try the third hole. This should give you an idea.

Hummer - I don't want to jump the gun, but I hope you are talking about the packages we will be comming up with ;) If so, don't worry, the price should be right :)

However, based on a lot of the conversations with manufacturers, I think we will leave the end-links off at this time from the package. They add considerable cost, especially in our street packages. I know Uber had broken end-links, but his was prior to A/R bar installation (any update on the issue Nick?). I am not sure how many others had the issue. We should run a poll for this I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts