IW STi Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1004 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah, it's like over correct is the name of the game with the Original rack. It's dicey at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a direct replacement no additional parts need , you can upgrade the steering rack bushings and power steering brace while it's apart but not necessary. So far with my experience do the bushings no more sloppy steering feel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, I've been tracking it for about 4 or so months now and that's where it was at since that time from what I've seen. I think they dropped the price when they disabled the iwsti discount code and it ends up being close to the same. I have not found a better price elsewhere yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just bought one (new OEM) from infsubwholesale on Ebay for $566 delivered.
Looks like the demand is outstripping supply at this point. I bought the last one available through them; they're now on backorder.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I just bought one (new OEM) from infsubwholesale on Ebay for $566 delivered.
Looks like the demand is outstripping supply at this point. I bought the last one available through them; they're now on backorder.
Butt head, I was eyeing that one :lol::lol: Good score though, the price was the best I've seen!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry! But I had to get mine! :D
The price definitely got me to pull the trigger. Good luck tracking one down.

BTW - that Ebay seller is pretty good. There was a shipping delay since they had to order one from SOA, and they've contacted me daily with updates/status. I may try to get a few bucks off for the shipping delay.
Give 'em a call & see if you can secure one on backorder for that price.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sorry! But I had to get mine! :D
The price definitely got me to pull the trigger. Good luck tracking one down.

BTW - that Ebay seller is pretty good. There was a shipping delay since they had to order one from SOA, and they've contacted me daily with updates/status. I may try to get a few bucks off for the shipping delay.
Give 'em a call & see if you can secure one on backorder for that price.
Hell I don't blame ya!

I got impatient, and ordered from the place on the 1st page LOL We'll see if they have stock or not :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
While doing an oil change today on my wife's 09 GR STi, I noticed a small leak right on the front car lifting point. I followed the leak and it looks like it was coming from the hard lines. After doing some research I found this thread.

Other threads mention the fix is to replace the entire top portion of the rack for $300 dollars. After reading of the new STI rack, I think that I'll rather spend the extra money to get the upgraded new rack instead. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is the new STI rack a direct replacement for the GR Sti?
2. Do I have to worry about any type of sensors?
3. Where would be the cheapest place to purchase the rack from? So far the best price that I've found is from the original poster's link below.

Gear Assembly | Genuine Subaru | 34110VA120 : General Motors Parts Online | Genuine GM Parts and Accessories

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but all your questions are answered in this post ad-nasuem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
While doing an oil change today on my wife's 09 GR STi, I noticed a small leak right on the front car lifting point. I followed the leak and it looks like it was coming from the hard lines. After doing some research I found this thread.

Other threads mention the fix is to replace the entire top portion of the rack for $300 dollars. After reading of the new STI rack, I think that I'll rather spend the extra money to get the upgraded new rack instead. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is the new STI rack a direct replacement for the GR Sti?
2. Do I have to worry about any type of sensors?
3. Where would be the cheapest place to purchase the rack from? So far the best price that I've found is from the original poster's link below.

Gear Assembly | Genuine Subaru | 34110VA120 : General Motors Parts Online | Genuine GM Parts and Accessories

Thank you.
The SEARCH function is your friend. Get to know him. :rolleyes:
Steering Rack Replacement DIY

1. Yes
2. No
3. Google 34110VA120

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/underdog-motorsports-2015-sti-steering-rack-swap-234351.html

·
Registered
892 Posts
But that's 19 pages back there... :rolleyes:

LOL

@Salvi, not trying to be dicks here, but this post is informational AF, that's all.

Correction made

901 - 920 of 1004 Posts