IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my sti today from Reliable Imports and should be shipped to the dealer in two weeks. Just wondering if there are any other sti owners in the area?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi!

I'm in St. Louis but in and out of Springfield every once in a while.
I got my STI from Stephen Bolen at Reliable, Had a good buying experience , if there is actually such a thing.

You're going to need to get snow tires ASAP as the stock summer tires don't like winter driving conditions, and the supply of good snow tires be gone quickly. You might actually need to buy them now even before the car arrives.

Also the people at Car-Fi (Andre) on S Glenstone took excellent care of me and actually have installed car stereos into STI's, mine and at least 1 other.

Installation apparently isn't as straighforward as it should be and it need a different than stock stereo adaptor harness than what the manual says.

I have a picture of the stereo going in if you want.

You'll love the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information on the tires and car-fi. Just curious, what type of winter tires did you buy? At the moment I'm looking at Pirelli PZero Nero M&S or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Any thoughts? By the way, I would love to see some pictures of your car stereo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bridgestone blizzak LM22.
I was thinking about dunlop wintersport M3 but they are out of stock (sold out) until march.

The blizzaks are quieter, and give a softer ride but not too soft, not quite as grippy I'd say 85-90% of the stock RE 070's and have much better wet handling than stock.

I'm waiting for the snow and will update you.

Some of my friends have blizzaks and love them.

I had Michelin Pilot Sports (Summer tires) on my old M3 and loved them except as a snow tire, for that they sucked even with traction control.

I expect that the arctic alpine is also a great tire.

On tire rack it looks pretty equal between most of the tires in that price range.

Check it out if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am in Springfield w/ my black/gold STI. Actually, during the winter, it's black/bronze SDR's w/ Perelli PZero Nero M/S tires.

I have yet to see another STI while driving in mine. Have seen a couple Evo's though.

Also, I second Andre at Car-Fi. He does any car electronic work we need done on our exotic cars at my work and does an excellent job of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts