IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been searching and reading threads for a long time and I’m finally getting close to purchasing my setup. Right now, other than daily driving, I only AutoX but plan on getting into some HPDE. After all of my searching and reading I think I’m actually more torn (or confused) between two possible setups.

I think my top choice is GF210’s with PDE front plates and rear top mounts. My next choice is a set of pinks with RCE front plates and rear mounts.

With either set up I will eventually be upgrading my front & rear sways and stuffing 245-ish rubber on the next time around.

Can any of you suspension gurus tell me a reason to choose one of these over the other? or any problems I might face with each setup? I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but I can’t seem to find the exact answers I was looking for.

Thank you
 

·
Poor Speed Racer
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Scrubal said:
I’ve been searching and reading threads for a long time and I’m finally getting close to purchasing my setup. Right now, other than daily driving, I only AutoX but plan on getting into some HPDE. After all of my searching and reading I think I’m actually more torn (or confused) between two possible setups.

I think my top choice is GF210’s with PDE front plates and rear top mounts. My next choice is a set of pinks with RCE front plates and rear mounts.

With either set up I will eventually be upgrading my front & rear sways and stuffing 245-ish rubber on the next time around.

Can any of you suspension gurus tell me a reason to choose one of these over the other? or any problems I might face with each setup? I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but I can’t seem to find the exact answers I was looking for.

Thank you

both setups would work just fine for your plans. however i heard that PDE plates are a PITA to get a hold of, and that PDE doesnt really return your emails or phone calls :( I would recomend a set of whiteline sways but they are out of stock till at least the fall :(

Other than that, both setups have their ups and downs. and i would just see what you can get right now, what fits into your budget and and quality of the products. Also, you may want to wait for the RCE springs to come out, they should be here soon, and they are worth the wait!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
I am not a suspension guru by any means. But, I have done a lot of research. My car is a daily driver. This is what I will be going with ...

PDE Front Plates (RCE plates if you want a little more frontend drop)
STI-GrpN rear mounts
RCE Springs (ProDrive if you want something more cushy)
Whiteline 27+ mm adjustable front swaybar
Whiteline 24+ mm adjustable rear swaybar
KartBoy Rear endlinks (stock front endlinks)

For a aftermarket spring setup, I honestly don't see it getting much better than what I just mentioned. When you are ready, add in some fender braces, undercarriage braces, strut tower braces, maybe some KB front endlinks, some Cobb adjustable rear swaybar mounts, etc.

t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spazegun2213 said:
Also, you may want to wait for the RCE springs to come out, they should be here soon, and they are worth the wait!

After reading so much through the search, i found this thread and everyone is saying so many good things about them. How long will i have to wait? Where can i order them, i don't see them on the website? How much are they? Should i just pm myles?

Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
fyi, turninconcepts has whiteline sways in stock now, but not a lot. they have 6 of the 27mm adj. front sway and 2 of the 24mm adj. rear sway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
I've heard that the GF210s drop the car a little too much, and are more of a show spring than a performance spring. I'd wait for the RCE springs IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
I would get on the list for the RCE springs, and while your waiting, locate some PDE plates for up front. I think there is some in the for sale section.
As Spaze said the RCE springs will be worth the wait. But as Myles told me, his springs with his plates are more drop in the front than you really want. So that is why I'd recommend the PDE plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
You could probably save money if you do the RCE combo (plates, springs and Group-N rear mounts). I believe its around $900 or something for the combo.
 

·
Immoderate
Joined
·
5,702 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
...
Whiteline 27+ mm adjustable front swaybar
Whiteline 24+ mm adjustable rear swaybar
...
When you are ready, add in some fender braces, undercarriage braces, strut tower braces, maybe some KB front endlinks, some Cobb adjustable rear swaybar mounts, etc.
Minor heads-up here that the Cobb adjustable rear mounts do not work with all swaybars. They work with Cobb (duh!), but they do not work with Cusco. That's as much as I know for certain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Planning on running the same setup as Wolfplayer mentioned but with the 22mm RSB from Whiteline. I'm extremely excited to see how it will turn out. :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve been searching but can’t find the answer…Is it pointless to have front top mounts if you have plates? Is there any added advantage to having top mounts combined with plates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,266 Posts
the camber plate replaces the top mount. Its essentially a solid top mount with a camber adjustment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
flatthump said:
the camber plate replaces the top mount. Its essentially a solid top mount with a camber adjustment
That seemed like an easy enough answer. Thank you.

Here's my current (dream) setup:
RCE springs
RCE plates (new, that don't further lower the car)
Rear top mounts
Strano 32mm front sway
Whiteline 24mm rear sway
whiteline endlinks

I think i'll be happy ;)

Thank all of you for your help!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top