IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use the force.

I stopped into Natick Subaru to pick up a couple of oil filters for my STi. On my way out I noticed they had 9 STi's on their lot. 1 silver (like mine) and the rest blue and black. I didn't expect to see so many just sitting there. Although, the way Natick played pricing games on my STi with a $1000 deposit maybe suggests why they are sitting there. (I'm still glad Car Mart got my business over them). Makes me wonder if I should have waited though and bought one now and paid less for it than the MSRP I paid in June. Oh well, I've enjoyed the car a lot over the past 6 months so that counts.

- Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
...and if he waited until next year's model came out, he could have saved even more. Whoop dee doo. The important thing is, he's gotten to enojy his car for 6 months already. It's like computer parts...always cheaper six months from now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,261 Posts
Billy_Talent said:
...and if he waited until next year's model came out, he could have saved even more. Whoop dee doo. The important thing is, he's gotten to enojy his car for 6 months already. It's like computer parts...always cheaper six months from now.
exactly... who cares. If you wait 10 years you'll probably be able to get them for probably 60% less then what they cost now. Just enjoy the car!! its well worth it!

Robert~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
exactly... who cares. If you wait 10 years you'll probably be able to get them for probably 60% less then what they cost now. Just enjoy the car!! its well worth it!

Robert~
Well, I'm not going to wait 10 years for an STi. But I am going to wait a while so I can pick up a nice used one for less than $24K. I waited a year to buy my Saturn, I got it for 55% of MRSP. I know the STi won't depreciate that fast, but I'll shoot myself before buying a new car from a dealer. I'll enjoy the car even more knowing I didn't pay out the nose for it. And the money saved by buying used will be spent on go fast bits! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Heh M.....a saturn? Thats a "different kind of car" alright. Get with the program man!
STi
Oh and by the way...I'd keep that Saturn on the sidewalk if there are STi's about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
got mine from a small dealer in webster, mass about 2+ months ago and they only had my white one on the lot.
went in a couple weeks ago for an oil change and they had 5 on the lot.
2 blk, 2 silver, and 1 blue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
TheBlues said:
Heh M.....a saturn? Thats a "different kind of car" alright. Get with the program man!
STi
Oh and by the way...I'd keep that Saturn on the sidewalk if there are STi's about.
I know, I know, I know! My Saturn sucks. I wouldn't try to take on anything more than a tricycle.
I have been helping a friend build up his 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, he doesn't stay on the sidewalk when STi's are about.... He takes 'em out!

This may irritate select STi fanatics, I could walk into a Subie dealer tomorrow and pay cash for a STi. But I'll still wait. Maybe quite a while...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
M. I'm a bit curious about your statement "this may irritate select STi fanatics, I could walk into a Subie dealer and pay cash for an STi. But I'll still wait. Maybe quite awhile." Dude - that's GREAT, that you're willing to wait for several months to save a few thousand bucks. Very financially astute of you. But I don't know that it's necessary to wave that "willpower" in the face of those who may have paid MSRP (or thereabouts) for their dream car. Oh, and FWIW, I bought my STi outright. Hope that doesn't "irritate" you. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
StuBrown said:
M. I'm a bit curious about your statement "this may irritate select STi fanatics, I could walk into a Subie dealer and pay cash for an STi. But I'll still wait. Maybe quite awhile." Dude - that's GREAT, that you're willing to wait for several months to save a few thousand bucks. Very financially astute of you. But I don't know that it's necessary to wave that "willpower" in the face of those who may have paid MSRP (or thereabouts) for their dream car. Oh, and FWIW, I bought my STi outright. Hope that doesn't "irritate" you. :roll:
i think what he probably meant is that he can buy a new one right now but chooses to wait to buy a used one for its lower price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Matador - guess I was just feelin' "irritable" when I posted that. Thanks for the tactful "interception". :) Stu
 

·
retired mod
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
I was at Liberty Subaru yesterday in North Jersey and they had 4 STi's on the lot, two silvers one with gold and one with silver, and a blue w/gold and a black w/silver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Re: Anyone without a radio?

I was hesitant to bring this up, as I don't deem the source all that credible.....but there was a write-up on the STi in a local regional newspaper. It said that Subaru had expected to bring in approx. 3500-4000 STi's, but that only 600 had been sold across the country thus far. I can't believe the # is actually that low but figured I'd toss that out there FWIW. I'd LOVE to hear an actual Subaru employee sound off on this one.
 

·
retired mod
Joined
·
4,012 Posts
speaking of Subaru employee's what ever happened to murley?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. It seems to me that most of the folks "in the know" up and disappeared once we all started getting our STi's! I don't recall seeing an actual post by JJ in a loooong time. Hmmm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
according to their online inventory, the three Subaru dealers here in the Dallas/Fort Worth are have at least 4 STis sitting in their lots. Yet some of these dealers still don't change their tune from "this car is hot" LOL
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top