IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am currently replacing the stock lower control arms on my 2012 STi Hatch. The passenger side went in really easy, then I moved to the drivers side:

The part number of the product I am installing is SuperPro ALOY0015K with the caster offsets as seen in the link below

I connected the rear bushing with a few threads of the replacement bolt twisted in, and it doesn't seem to fit:

I compared it to the old stock arm to see if there were any glaring differences and I couldn't find any. The stock cross-member (or subframe) does not look bent compared to the other side.

To those who have installed the superpro front LCAs with the caster offsets, did you have this issue? and how did you get yours to fit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, so after some additional investigation, I don't know if the bushing is installed in the correct orientation.

here is the passenger side, which fits like a glove:

And here is the driver's side:

To help me confirm this if you have a 2008-14 hatchback with these installed, may you please post a picture of the orientation of the bushing?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have these control arms on my 2010 hatch. Went on without issue. I will be changing oil in the next day or two and take a picture of the bushings. Have you tried starting with the other connections first and see if it would line up if the bushing was rotated?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have! Everything else lines up perfectly, I really think that the rear bushing is not correctly installed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did you get it sorted? I did mine a couple months ago and all went in relatively smooth. I do have slight shudder on the front wheels when I turn the steering wheel at standstill, or when pulling away while turning (like when doing a u-turn), but I am not sure if that is due to the LCA's, new swaybar or bushings, or something else...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Using the pictures that ChefPhil provided, I put together a big email and sent it to SuperPro. I have not heard back. I am working with a machine shop locally to see if they can remove and reinsert the caster bushing.

I'll make a post when I get it installed, and I'll let you know if I have the shudder that you are experiencing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
mine also went in great...was sent wrong bolts so that was no fun but luckily i have great tap an die set that corrected that aspect...will be interested to see what issue was...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I took my control arm to a local machine shop that was able to press the bearing out and reseat it in the proper orientation. When correctly installed, the lower control arm fits in like a glove.

I forwarded this to SuperPro, they were able to make sure this wouldn't happen on their end again. The Guys I spoke with at SuperPro were great. Now its time to get an alignment!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts