IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would like to purchase a set for my 2010 sti, with caster adjustment.
Sounds good. We have these in stock ready to go. Please feel free to use the link that Noximus posted or if you prefer you can also call us and order over the phone at 321-600-0889 - whatever is easier for you. If you have any questions about them I will be glad to help. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmm.. I'm just confused.. I have seen the two variate of those control arms but then discovered that there are some control arms that looks exactly the same (from SuperPro) but with the part number of ALOY0015.. is it the same or just an old version?
I can't decide as I'm planning to get a set but it's easier for me to order the ALOY0015 because it's sold on a website that ships to my country..

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hmm.. I'm just confused.. I have seen the two variate of those control arms but then discovered that there are some control arms that looks exactly the same (from SuperPro) but with the part number of ALOY0015.. is it the same or just an old version?
I can't decide as I'm planning to get a set but it's easier for me to order the ALOY0015 because it's sold on a website that ships to my country..

There are three models: 02-07, 08-14, 15+. The ALOY0015K is for the 08-14 with caster adding. Check Geoff's website for all the different model numbers. This was the sticker on the side of my box.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are three models: 02-07, 08-14, 15+. The ALOY0015K is for the 08-14 with caster adding. Check Geoff's website for all the different model numbers. This was the sticker on the side of my box.

Image Link
Thanks man!!
On Geoff''s website, the caster adding control arm is labelled with part number ALOY0021K.. but you received it with ALOY0015K.. okay I guess that Geoff needs to update the site then..
You just gave me some good news! :):tup:

How is the caster adding bushings!? Heavier steering feel? Do you recommend them?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Thanks man!!
On Geoff''s website, the caster adding control arm is labelled with part number ALOY0021K.. but you received it with ALOY0015K.. okay I guess that Geoff needs to update the site then..
You just gave me some good news! :):tup:

How is the caster adding bushings!? Heavier steering feel? Do you recommend them?
Caster adding doesn't change steering too much other than the stiffer bushing. It mainly improves acceleration and braking.

I love my control arms. The car finally feels like it should have a long time ago.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Caster adding doesn't change steering too much other than the stiffer bushing. It mainly improves acceleration and braking.

I love my control arms. The car finally feels like it should have a long time ago.
The transformation from stock to fullyear modded is striking. Superpro and 13:1 subi rack for the win!

Along with all the other suspension and stiffening goodies...

(Fuck, I really need to go drive my car!!)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
okay I guess that Geoff needs to update the site then..
Sorry for any confusion here. There have been a couple of Super Pro part numbers that have changed or have been superseded. This particular one was a bit confusing. When I added it to the website I was given conflicting information. I will revisit what the actual part number on the box is vs what's listed on our website. Anyone reading this can rest assured that if they go off the description on our website they will receive the latest and greatest correct version of anything they order though.

I also wanted to just say thank you to everybody who has posted feedback on the control arms in this thread. These really are an excellent mod. Aside from a quality set of coilovers they are probably the best money you can spend on any single suspension part. I'm really glad to have such excellent feedback on these not only in this thread but also directly from customers who have purchased them.

We have sold a lot of sets now, but I'm honestly surprised that we aren't selling more than we are. With things like the quicker steering rack being so popular it surprises me that so many people overlook things like the front lower control arms or at least replacing their bushings. A quicker rack just gives you quicker steering which is great, but it does nothing to address all of the vagueness and unwanted movement in the OEM control arms. This is where most of the problem with actual "feel" is coming from. Quick steering is great, but in my opinion not without reducing unwanted movement and play and improving alignment.

It kind of reminds me of how many people will spend big money on coilovers but add bump steer by overlooking a roll center adjustment kit and add a bunch of unwanted rear negative camber by overlooking rear control arms - or how some people will spend a ton of money on high-end rear lower control arms, but they will leave the OEM soft rubber bushings in the trailing arms, upper control arms and toe arms. Sometimes the best and most important mods are not the most visible or obvious. If you really want a car that handles properly and mods that give you the best results for your money it's important to look at all of the various parts and understand what they do before you start modding suspension.

Okay I will stop rambling now. It's been awhile since I've made a post on here :lol:

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Is this Super Pro front LCA really that much better then the OEM 11+ ones?

It's a 2011 control arm with poly bushings. (ie: the same as if someone took their own 2011 control and pressed in their Super Pro bushings themselves, except they don't have to mess around with aligning the bushings properly when they're pressed in). It's also very convenient for backyard mechanics who don't have a press as this makes it plug and play.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Plus shiny!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did the math.

By the time I buy 2011 arms and a caster adding bushing and factored in for install time this was a no brainer.

Save time and same money. Hell, if you're paying someone to install you're saving money too.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
It's a 2011 control arm with poly bushings. (ie: the same as if someone took their own 2011 control and pressed in their Super Pro bushings themselves, except they don't have to mess around with aligning the bushings properly when they're pressed in). It's also very convenient for backyard mechanics who don't have a press as this makes it plug and play.
I understand that.

I want to know about the performance difference from OEM (sphericals in rubber) 11+ to these arms?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I understand that.

I want to know about the performance difference from OEM (sphericals in rubber) 11+ to these arms?
I don't think you understood my first sentence though. I'll expand. The only gain on 2011-2014 vehicles is the same as if you upgrade any bushings from rubber to urethane. You're eliminating the looseness of the rubber spherical bushing in favor of a urethane spherical bushing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And having the option to add additional camber

If you have a 2013 it would be the same benefits of doing an alk setup, but with much easier install.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.