IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
The official number Super Pro gave me on caster is 0.75 degrees. They are double-checking this figure to be sure it is correct, but that is what I have always been told.
You are checking on the original DURO3738K? Or the new set?I thought you mentioned in a previous post the original was 0.50 degrees of caster added.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They should both add exactly the same amount of caster assuming that the kit is pressed in correctly if you are doing it yourself. There seem to be variances from car to car when it comes to this sort of thing, but 0.75 degrees should be pretty close to what you actually see with these.

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'll take a set for the 15-16 sti if it's not too late
It's definitely not too late. We've still got time and we have both fitment options available for anybody else who else who wants to get in on the group buy :tup: Thanks very much for the order :)

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Geoff,

So what would be the reasoning to upgrade these from our stock "13 Sti arms with super pro bushes already installed?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They are shinier than OEM LCA's.. just kidding :lol: There really is no reason to buy these if you already have both the rear DUROBALL kit and front position inner bushing kit already installed on an 11-14 Sti. This is a nice plug-and-play solution for guys with that particular car, but the arms themselves are more or less the same as the OEM control arms for an 11-14 STi. If you have an 08-10 STI or an 08-14 WRX then these are a massive upgrade whether you already have the bushings or not.

If you have an 11-14 STi and have not done the bushing mods yet this kit not only makes the install lot easier - you can probably also sell your OEM control arms and make the cost difference a wash.

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
anything left??
Yes, good timing actually. Super Pro is starting to ship these now and there are still plenty of 2015 sets left. We are at the top tier of the group buy and it is still open. I would need the order fairly quickly if you want to get in on it though. Please feel free to shoot me a private message on here or give me a call at 321-600-0889. :tup:

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I need to get in this Group Buy please. I have a 2010 GR STI
You have been added :) We are going to keep this going a few days past the deadline. We can sneak on a few more orders if anybody else is interested. Really an excellent opportunity to get a great deal on the best steering feel mod out there.

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, to confirm. You will need the bolt flange for 2011+ STI to install these LCAs. These bolts are TTY, so they should be changed out for new ones that have not yet been torqued down. You will need x2 bolt flanges. Here are the pictures.

The Subaru Part# is 901000377 . Please check with Geoff to verify.

So my first impressions?
Well worth the money!!! The handling and anti-roll geometry reduces the body roll significantly. Then again, I also had front sway bars, 13.1 rack, new end links, and rack mount bracket and bushings installed all in one swoop. But yes, for 2008-2010 STI's these bad boys are an awesome upgrade!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Just to add here, you need to order the bolt previously mentioned for ALL model years.

The 2008-2014 WRX and 2008-2010 STI have a steel control arm with a stud. The stud needs to be removed and swapped for the 2011+ bolt.

The 2011+ STI have an aluminum control arm with a bolt.

If it's true that the bolt is not meant to be re-used, then if you're installing these control arms, you should spend the little and buy two new bolts ahead of time so you're stuck waiting for them like I am.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.