IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Just to be clear these control arms are exclusive to us. This group buy is the only place in North America where they can be purchased. This may change in the future, but for now other dealers do not have access to these Super Pro control arms. There is a very limited number available during this initial batch. Once we sell out of these we will have to wait for a sea freight container coming from Australia which will not be here until probably mid-summer rough ETA. When they do show up they will also be more expensive than they are in the group buy.

Edit: We've had a few customers contact us asking if we can offer a discount on the 02-07 WRX and STi Super Pro front lower control arms. We definitely can get you the best deal on these or anything else that Super Pro makes for the that matter. We are just not authorized to publicly advertise group buy pricing on them. If anybody would like a quote on 02-07 front lower control arms or any other Super Pro parts please PM, email or call. We will beat everyone else by a significant margin!

Lower Control Arm Set Description and Picture
Super Pro front lower control arms are the best mod you can make to your STi or WRX when it comes to improving steering feel. These extremely high quality aluminum control arms feature Super Pro urethane encased spherical bearings for the best of both worlds - excellent handling and easy to live with on the street. They include both front and rear position bushings pre-installed. These are the highest quality bushings on the market for your Subaru, but if you ever have a problem with them they also feature a lifetime warranty!

Eventually these will be offered in both a caster adding version and a no alignment change version, but the group buy is only for the caster adding version since that is what they made for the initial batch. This caster adding version adds approximately 0.75 degrees of positive caster.

Please note that there are two versions of this lower control arm set. One fits the 2008-2014 STi and WRX and the other fits the 2015-2016 STi and WRX. They're both the same price and both are being offered in this group buy.

Group Buy Rules
This is a tiered discount group buy. The more people that purchase lower control arms, the better our pricing gets. This group buy has a distinct advantage over most group buys though. All orders will ship out immediately once the initial batch of LCA’s is ready to go on April 14th. If the group buy reaches a higher-tier customers who already purchased will either receive a partial refund or store credit for the difference - whichever they prefer. That was the thing that always annoyed us about group buys. The long wait for parts to actually ship. We will ship your lca's immediately - there will be no waiting, but you will still have the advantage of a heavily discounted price when/if the group buy reaches higher tiers!

Attention Canadian customers and customers in Hawaii and Alaska: Cygnus Performance is doing something unheard of. We are not just providing free shipping to the lower 48 states on this group buy. We are providing free shipping anywhere in the entire United States or Canada!

This group will be running on both IWSTii and NASIOC. It will close May 1st or when we run out of control arms whichever comes first. They will not be available for sale outside of this group buy until early summer best case, so not only do you save money you get these before anyone else!

If you are interested in participating in this group buy please either reply to this thread, send us a PM, email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 321-600-0889 and we will help you place your order.

Tier 1 $685 shipped
1) mr.temagami IWSTI 08-14
2) iforgettopee IWSTI 08-14
3) Noximus IWSTI 08-14
4) arani rey IWSTI 08-14

Tier 2 $670 shipped Everyone pays $670 that is on the list starting from person #1.
5) 10wrbgr IWSTI 08-14
6) dgmsti15 NASIOC 15-16
7) wrxmaster617 NASIOC 08-14
8) welaish IWSTI 08-14

Tier 3 $650 shipped Everyone pays $650 that is on the list starting from person #1.
9) fafabu IWSTI 15-16
10) STiDRV IWSTI 08-14
11) PatrickC IWSTI 08-14
12) seaya IWSTI 08-14
13) Richardr IWSTI 08-14
14) E30bum IWSTI 15-16
15) DJLiquid Nasioc 08-14
16) skycat19 Nasioc 08-14
17) zenbox IWSTI 08-14
18)
19)
20)

If anyone has any questions about the group buy or about the lower control arms themselves I will be happy to help.

Thanks,
--
Geoff Parnum
Cygnus Performance | Late Model Import Parts STi, WRX, BRZ
Phone: (321) 600-0889
Fax: (321) 600-9415

IWSTi Reviews:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/review-sti-vendors/159100-cygnus-performance.html

Nasioc Reviews:
Cygnus Performance - NASIOC

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/cygnusperformance/

Facebook:
Cygnus Performance

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Interested in these....I need to send an email and sort out my ID1700s and sways this week with you.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If only this was 3 weeks ago! Thanks again for all the help Geoff, much appreciated. To anyone considering doing front LCA bushings, #1 do it... #2, do yourself a favor and pick these up to save time/headaches/$.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your interest in the group buy. Judging by initial interest and the amount of calls and private messages that I've gotten on this I would be pretty surprised if this does not reach the top tier discount by the time the group buy closes.

Just to be clear the bushing set in this kit does not directly affect anti lift or anti dive geometry. The caster adding bushing is only adding caster. These 2011+ STi style control arms have anti characteristics that are already perfectly optimized. With older models anti lift kits were a fix for less than perfect anti geometries. They would push the lower control arm down in the rear to affect the anti lift and anti dive geometry. Having the correct anti geometries built into the control arm in the first place is a much better way of doing it since you don't compromise the design of the rear bushing or rear mount in order to correct anti characteristics.

To sum it all up this is the best possible lower control arm and lower control arm bushing set up that you can get for an 08-16 WRX or STi even though it is not technically equipped with an anti lift kit.

Thanks,
--
Geoff

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Just to be clear these control arms are exclusive to us. This group buy is the only place in North America where they can be purchased. This may change in the future, but for now other dealers do not have access to these Super Pro control arms. There is a very limited number available during this initial batch. Once we sell out of these we will have to wait for a sea freight container coming from Australia which will not be here until probably mid-summer rough ETA. When they do show up they will also be more expensive than they are in the group buy.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Just to be even more precise if you haven't caught it or aren't familiar with model changes on the STI, this 2011+ control arm with caster adding and upgraded bushings is a HUUUUUGE upgrade for the 08-10 STI owners. I won't go into the specifics here, but search for a thread discussing the 2011 control arm changes and you'll understand quickly why I say this. Anyone who is seriously invested into improving suspension and steering on their 08-10 STI should classify this as a NEED mod.

·
Registered
427 Posts
ok im a little confused. if i have a 2012 STI, and the superpro caster/antidive bushing kit already installed, do i still need these?

·
Registered
566 Posts
ok im a little confused. if i have a 2012 STI, and the superpro caster/antidive bushing kit already installed, do i still need these?
Not really.

But then usually the Superpro arms are lighter (such as the one for VW Golf) than the OEM arms, and has bushing kit that is not available for purchase separately. The duroball on that arm is different as it has metal top, and it's +0.75 Deg of additional caster versus +0.5 degree of additional caster from the duroball bushing inserts (if I'm not wrong).

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks very much for the orders and all of the interest in this group buy so far. We've sold 7 sets with 3 more sales pending. The 08 -14 version is selling quickly. At this rate we may run out of those before the group buy closes. We still have plenty of 15 -16 sets left. This is the best price that these will ever be and it's one of the best handling mods that you can make to these cars. I look forward to hearing how everybody likes these once sets start getting installed. :tup:

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've had a few customers contact us asking if we can offer a discount on the 02-07 WRX and STi Super Pro front lower control arms. We definitely can get you the best deal on these or anything else that Super Pro makes for the that matter. We are just not authorized to publicly advertise group buy pricing on them. If anybody would like a quote on 02-07 front lower control arms or any other Super Pro parts please PM, email or call. We will beat everyone else by a significant margin!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Subscribed. If the slots aren't all taken by May 1, what time is the GB closed? I just wanted to see what I can grab at boxerfest first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Subscribed. If the slots aren't all taken by May 1, what time is the GB closed? I just wanted to see what I can grab at boxerfest first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not going to impose a strict time limit on you. It's fine if you order the day after. That will be good enough, and if it makes life easier for you I'm happy to do it. Just keep in mind that I don't think you will find anything as good as these at boxerfest :) the 08-14 version is going fast. I don't want to sound like a used car salesman, but I'd hate for you to be disappointed if there was a two-month backorder on them. Who knows though - I've never been great at predicting this stuff. Sales may slow considerably. With group buys I’ve run in the past sometimes a lot of people join only the first week and then other times a lot of people keep buying the entire month.

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
477 Posts
I thought the DURO3738K (superpro caster/antidive bushing kit) adds 1.0 degree of caster. I have a spreadsheet of the different parts they offer for the 11+ sti's.

I tried to copy and paste from the excel and paste below but the format is off....

Front Front LCA Rear Caster Offset Duroball® Bushing Set DURO3738K 1 Additional 1.0° of Caster, Polyurethane isolated uniball construction

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The official number Super Pro gave me on caster is 0.75 degrees. They are double-checking this figure to be sure it is correct, but that is what I have always been told.

As for what the differences are between the 2015 model and the 08 - 14 model, the rear bushing set is completely different and the arms themselves are slightly different. I don't have a set here to break out the calipers on and tell you exactly dimensionally what is different. What I can tell you is that they are definitely not interchangeable and if your car is an 08 - 14 then that is definitely the set you would want to purchase if you are interested in these.

Thanks,
Geoff

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.