IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the stock STi speaker system has very little bass.
I'm looking for a sub that isn't too heavy, to where it wont hurt performance.
I basically am looking for a sub that hits good (not hard and crappy) but it just sounds good (feels good haha).
What will I need? Will I need a new head-unit with the purchase of a Sub and amp? Im thinking just one 10inch sub will give me the bass I want.

Where should I mount it? With the torque the STi produces, I dont want it moving all over the place...and I cant think of a good place in which it will stay and not move around at WOT.
I dont want to spend over $400 on all equipment and labor costs. Any recommendations? What's a good website to buy the equipment? (Im assuming just a sub and amp is all I need). But im afraid I dont know what will match good with what. Do they have packaged deals in terms of subs and amps???

Thanks.

Bigboost.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
i Just went through this....

Stock HU is garbage... Buy a new HU from Alpine 9856 or something for like 200.. and sell the old one for $100

I have two alpine type Es in a sealed box and a Rockford Fosgate ampp.. $400 is cuttin it kinda close though... :p

First thing i always learned about systems... change the Head Unit first!

If you run subs off the stock radio it sounds like ass.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just bought me an eclipse cd5000 head unit and will be having it installed this week. Will let you know how much of a difference the sound is having it power my stock speakers and stock sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts