IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Trying to get a recommendation for a Subaru dealer in CT for an install on the STi short throw shifter. My supplier has recommended a dealership do it, as apparently it's much easier with past experience, and I didn't want to pick one out of the blue. I'm looking for commentary, positive or negative, on experiences with svc. at dealerships in CT. Thanks in advance for any help - much appreciated!

·
Registered
411 Posts
What's eth widest offset that fit the STi?

Two places you can try. 1. Quality Subaru in Wallingford, great people. 2. Schaller, maybe mispelled, in New Britain, no personal experience but I've heard great things about them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man - you're the first to respond on 3 diff't forums! Much appreciated.....have you had work done there in the past Thorn? (either place)

·
Registered
411 Posts
All the work done on my car was performed by me or XX, so I don't have any personal experience with either place. However, all of my co-workers(3) who own a Subaru go to the one in Wallingford, also one of the sale reps goes to XX for any aftermarket parts the custumers want. As for Schaller, that is supposed to be the most mod friendly shop in CT. Someone I know used to be a mechanic there, and he highly recommends the place to me. Plus I've seen the name on other forums.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx much man - appreciate the help. I'm in the same boat, as I've done just about everything to my car.....but didn't want to attempt the short shifter, as I hear it's too much of a PITA. Thx senor!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts