1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we knew it was coming:

Source: The Subaru WRX STI S207 Aims To Be The World's Most Enjoyable Vehicle

The Subaru WRX STI S207 Aims To Be The World's Most Enjoyable Vehicle

Based off of the WRX STI, Subaru is producing 400 units of a limited-edition model they’re calling the S207, which is so good the company is claiming it the “world’s most enjoyable vehicle.” It looks as much!

This special edition, top of the line WRX STI comes with a very long list of toys and tune-age, with a maximum power output of around 320 to 330 hp (updated), fully adjustable suspension, torque-vectoring, Brembo brakes, custom 19 inch rims and tires, and a large front spoiler.

Cosmetically the car comes with customized racing-styled dials, Recaro buckets in for front seats, and the option of a special Nürburgring Challenge Package with a custom carbon rear spoiler and commemorative badging from Subaru’s win in the SP3T class at the ‘Ring this year.

If you want the special-special limited edition, you can opt for the “Yellow Edition,” pictured at the top up there (the color is called Sunrise Yellow), with black accented mirrors and body molding. The other colors available are Crystal Black Silica, WR Blue Pearl, and Crystal White Pearl.

There will be 100 of the Yellow Edition, 200 of the Challenge Package, and only 400 in total, so get ‘em while they’re hot.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Guessing EJ207 too then?

That extra power bump to 320 HP isn't anything new, seen before in GD/GR Spec-C cars previously.

They put 19" wheels on GR S206 / NBR challenge too last time... I don't know if they just want to put biggest wheels on their flag ship model or if it really helps with performance.

ETA - holy crap, S207 STARTS at 5,994,000 yen, or 49.5k USD at current exchange rate :eek:. Rather get Spec-C version (if they ever make one for VA) which is usually stripped out with same engine and slightly cheaper than standard STi...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am not excited about this, given that we all know its not for North America. That being said, I would be happy if they brought parts of the S207 (ie: lip, seats, wheels, etc) over to us. Still a very nice machine tho!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
all the time the STi has been in production and even these special edition cars are only making 320-330 HP. Looks nice

·
Registered
120 Posts
The rear windshield wiper is interesting.

The read outline at the grill looks pretty good. The first photos make it as if the plastic behind the grill is blue.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
50k for a Subaru? No thanks.

Every one of those parts on that car can be purchased from STI's catalog or on japanparts.com

Add to that all the hideous red strips on the exterior and interior. It's like Subaru adopted the stupid plasti dip thing. It just looks so tacky.

The ONLY things I want off that car are the 6 pot/4 pot calipers, Recaro CS Seats, and the additional chassis/suspension improvements.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Every one of those parts on that car can be purchased from STI's catalog or on japanparts.com

Add to that all the hideous red strips on the exterior and interior. It's like Subaru adopted the stupid plasti dip thing. It just looks so tacky.

The ONLY things I want off that car are the 6 pot/4 pot calipers, Recaro CS Seats, and the additional chassis/suspension improvements.
funny because the ONLY things you want come out to almost $10,000 alltogether if you try to purchase seperately, precisely the difference between a sport model STI and the S207 :lol:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The rear windshield wiper is interesting.
Definitely is, but Subaru has always had rear windshield wipers on their sedan models outside of North America, except the Spec C and a few other "stripped" factory models.

funny because the ONLY things you want come out to almost $10,000 alltogether if you try to purchase seperately, precisely the difference between a sport model STI and the S207 :lol:
Don't forget the labor to install them. Even if you install them yourself properly, it's still not free because time.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Definitely is, but Subaru has always had rear windshield wipers on their sedan models outside of North America, except the Spec C and a few other "stripped" factory models.

Don't forget the labor to install them. Even if you install them yourself properly, it's still not free because time.
Oh I definitely do not forget to factor in time of install, or cost if done by a shop.

Most people don't seem to understand that even if you get a decent deal on the parts and modify your own car to resemble the higher model, going OEM at the end of the day is almost always cheaper because of economies of scale, relationships with suppliers, efficiency of their operations, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Parts still haven't shown. Want that lip for my '16.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts