IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like it. But are you going to be daily driving it? Because it looks like your not going to be able to use your back window much since the spoiler blocks most of the view.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is going to be a daily driver and I decided that I prefer the looks over the practicality of a rear window:)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
That only thing is... that's not the WRC wing, that's just the one they used to show off the new body style originally. japanparts.com has a replica (carbon and FRP).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hy Guys!

Have anyone the wing now?
We have order it for a good friend. Yesterday was fit them, but dont know .. can drive more than 50 km/h ...

here is a picture

Have anyone a fitting instruction?
Look like pretty nice, but to drive with the wing ... need some information about fitting ,o)
thx !

Hope hear from u soon!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll try to find a pic how an old member installed the wing. In the meantime here a sketch:

bracket shape like this
___│
___│

Bottom parts of bracket slides in between the hatch and glass, gets riveted to metal part of hatch
Wing sits on horizontal line and then gets riveted to the side of the upper part of the bracket
Its really "hovering" on top of the rear glass

W=wing ..... B=hatch door metal.... G=Glass .... Lines= custom bracket

..... WWW│
.... _WWW
BB│GGGGGGGGGGGG
BB│
BBBB

Again, Ill try to find a pic

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts

What about agency power hatch wing? Anyone here had it? Hows the quality, i read that its made out of fiberglass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to make a pair of custom brackets, to bolt the wing to the metal-frame of the hatch door.

Test fittet with tape:

That thing is huge! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am interested to get one too. Contacted JSK in China ?? and got a quote. 460$ for shipping alone. With the wing it's too much of a project for now.
I would glue the wing to the glass with fast setting urethane and use rivets for the brackets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I removed the attached brackets, they where too thin and didn't fit very well...
So i'm going to make my own brackets, stainless steel, with lasered STi logo.
The brackets will be bolted to the hatch door, and the wing is bolted to the brackets.
Looks good, and i can remove the wing easily.

I will upload some pictures when i got my brackets.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts