IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately it has already been confirmed there will be no forced induction on this model. Looks like the following so far:
STi catalog body kit
park bench on the trunk
bilstein suspension
some kind of exhaust maybe STi axel back
big brake kit
18 inch BBS or Enkei wheels
sweet upgraded alcantra seats and interior pieces
badges
hopefully some unknown goodies like intake and a decent tune

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Not gonna lie, if they use this shit in the LA auto show to delay and prolong the arrival of the 2015 STi I will be very pissed with subaru. Seeing as its not even turbo charged, it seems like a bad excuse too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There may not be a turbo in a brz sti though...

Toyota is involved in the building of the brz/frs/86. So they must have a little say in what happens. Toyota's capital was put up with a subaru engineering platform and contracts up the wazu (sp?). I know there is at least a 4:1 frs brz production rate respectively. This means, to me and me alone, toyota leveraged subaru into a contract that is limiting to bolster scion/toyota sales in the sports dept. Subaru took the deal to help keep them from becoming a small boutique production car.

If what I think is true, the toyota will not allow Subaru to produce a brz sti that will far out perform the frs. So if this does become a production car I think toyota will require a limit to both power and production or require an frs equivalent. With the production limitations put on subaru I can't see them dumping the money into the brz that they dumped into the wrx.

Yes, I'm aware that they could just use a wrx/sti motor and tuning to produce then new brz sti, I just don't see it happening that way.

All of this is my opinion and thoughts about it though, I hope I am way wrong because an sti 2.5 turbo would be amazing in the brz. Not to mention a hood scoop for a TMIC would look epic!

Edit was to fix bed to brz, autocorrect...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It's not a STI, just Tuned by STI, no turbo, pretty much all exterior and interior bling. It's not coming to the states. :notsure: Like it was stated before, Toyota doesn't want something like this competing with the Scion for all us hip kids.

http://www.7tune.com/news-the-facts-...ti-ts-version/
So why doesn't Toyoduh get a turbo model as well? This car needs around 300hp, some awesome rubber and some nice big sti brakes to be absolute perfection.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
There may not be a turbo in a brz sti though...

Toyota is involved in the building of the brz/frs/86. So they must have a little say in what happens. Toyota's capital was put up with a subaru engineering platform and contracts up the wazu (sp?). I know there is at least a 4:1 frs brz production rate respectively. This means, to me and me alone, toyota leveraged subaru into a contract that is limiting to bolster scion/toyota sales in the sports dept. Subaru took the deal to help keep them from becoming a small boutique production car.

If what I think is true, the toyota will not allow Subaru to produce a brz sti that will far out perform the frs. So if this does become a production car I think toyota will require a limit to both power and production or require an frs equivalent. With the production limitations put on subaru I can't see them dumping the money into the brz that they dumped into the wrx.

Yes, I'm aware that they could just use a wrx/sti motor and tuning to produce then new brz sti, I just don't see it happening that way.

All of this is my opinion and thoughts about it though, I hope I am way wrong because an sti 2.5 turbo would be amazing in the brz. Not to mention a hood scoop for a TMIC would look epic!

Edit was to fix bed to brz, autocorrect...
You're missing a lot of why Toyota and Subaru teamed up, and what their agreements were there after.

Toyota wanted Subaru to help because of their knowledge and skills at building a well handling car. Subaru finally agreed to the project, partly because it would mean they get to use Toyotas DI technology off the shelf on a new boxer engine.

Once development was done, they part ways on their future. Subaru can do whatever they want to the BRZ, and Toyota can do whatever they want to the FRS.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
that WOULD be awesome. BUT a big increase in the price tag would follow (and rightly so) and then people will bitch and moan. lol
Yes, but think about how fast you could get away from their bitching in a turbo BRZ!!!!

I am just imagining 300whp with bolt ons, some super fat tires and some concave wheels. Great googly moogly.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
That tS was revealed at the Tokyo Auto Salon in January. Supposedly the BRZ STi is a different car than the tS.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts