IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good information coming out of Colorado about a new STi spotted testing in the mountains west of Denver this week, more importantly one that lacks a rumble and doesn't sound like... wait for it... the ol' EJ257. That means the new engine is likely coming in 2018. If photos are able to be captured I'll pass them along.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a boner till I clicked and saw no photos. Thanks for the info though! Hope to see some pictures around shortly. We better not get a MY18 photos before we see any MY17 info or I will be pissed lol. This waiting is no joke.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't see much or anything changing for MY17. This year is all about the Impreza. 18 sounds right. Then they can Iron out all the issues and I can trade my 15 in for a 19 😂

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can't wait to see the photos. Although I do find it strange that no other site is talking about this which makes me a little skeptical on how legit the claim can be.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Could be true, I was seeing a Bugatti Veyron back in the day doing high altitude testing in the Denver/Rockies area at least a year or two before it hit the market. It's a pretty popular destination for testing.

·
Registered
574 Posts
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2017/subaru_pc_a0020211_2d5_l2.pdf

This pretty much shoots down the engine theory....

Noone knows what engine is going in there but its a 2.5L motor which is still the EJ. Hell no one has even seen what the new STI looks like, it should be an evolution of the STI currently and not a mockup off the 2017 impreza cause its a different car yeah? 2c
We were discussing whether the supposed sightings were for 2018. I think it's been more or less confirmed that the 2017 will have the EJ again.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If the 17 would have gotten anything other than the EJ it would have been unveiled at an auto show. But because they are doing the Impreza they're waiting a year AT LEAST. We might not see anything till MY19.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be true, I was seeing a Bugatti Veyron back in the day doing high altitude testing in the Denver/Rockies area at least a year or two before it hit the market. It's a pretty popular destination for testing.
Just about every major car manufacturer does high altitude testing in Colorado. Many base themselves in Silverthorne, CO while testing. I see them around Denver quite often, too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just about every major car manufacturer does high altitude testing in Colorado. Many base themselves in Silverthorne, CO while testing. I see them around Denver quite often, too.
Yea, see them around quite often. Saw the same one a few days ago here in Golden 5 or 6 times.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Sighting or not, I would bet money right now that the 2018 MY STI gets an updated engine.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sighting or not, I would bet money right now that the 2018 MY STI gets an updated engine.
I might keep my 06 around for track duty but I'm definitely getting MY18 if it does have an engine bump. If they can bump the engine HP to keep it under 10 lbs per HP then it should be good (i.e. 340 HP or higher). I could care less about MPG boost, but lower end torque would be appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts