IW STi Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
***UPDATE****

So today I called SOA. The lady I spoke with was very nice and understanding. I told her the whole story about what happened and started off the issue with the fact that my car has modified engine parts. I told her everything in great detail with the proper dates that they occurred. As I was explaining everything to her she was typing it all out and documenting it. She was in shock after hearing what had happened and said she has never heard anything like that before.

She then told me that Subaru has set procedures and policies in place to prevent issues like this and they didn't follow proper procedures. She stated there should've been a prior authorization from me before they even touched my engine. She then told me that she has documented everything I have said and is going to contact the Director of Service at that dealership to get documentation.

She said she is happy they admitted their mistake. She then emailed me a case number and said she would continually sent me updates to my email and/or call me if she needs more information.

I will keep everyone updated as I receive updates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
***UPDATE****

SOA called me and said they are notifying the dealership to fully repair and release my vehicle back with NO CHARGE. I should be getting a call tomorrow with all the information. I will make sure I receive paperwork showing EVERYTHING that occurred for proof.

Thanks to everyone that had my back! I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
***UPDATE****

SOA called me and said they are notifying the dealership to fully repair and release my vehicle back with NO CHARGE. I should be getting a call tomorrow with all the information. I will make sure I receive paperwork showing EVERYTHING that occurred for proof.

Thanks to everyone that had my back! I'll keep everyone updated.
Boom! SoA steps in and takes care of it again. I like when HQ steps in and holds people (especially employees) accountable for their actions.

Very irritating when a dealership drops the ball and then HQ just blows it off and leaves the customer hanging and with the headache or sorting everything out.

I'm glad it seems to have worked out in your favor. Hopefully the dealership doesn't give you any more trouble or push back.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Awwww man, your gonna feel so great pulling away from the dealer for free!!!!! Incredible news:)

So happy for you man!!!!! SWEET JUSTICE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow so glad it all worked out for you. Its always nice to see someone get taken care of and not act like a child about it. But man would i hate be the tech or advisor that jumped the gun on this repair job. Believe it or not things like this happen because everyone is in rush to get car in and out of the dealer to get loaner cars back.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts