IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEMA eNews said:
SPY PHOTO—"HOT" SUBARU TEST MULE
This week's spy photos of the Subaru Legacy were snapped by Brenda Priddy of Brenda Priddy & Co.

According to Brenda Priddy & Co., “Frankly, I was quite surprised at the interest this Legacy has gathered from enthusiasts around the globe, especially since no one can or is willing to confirm what exactly Subaru is testing, but my phone has been ringing off the hook with inquires as to if I had these photos. And I may have caught this Legacy ‘a day late’ – but I think these are the best images around. The huge STI-type hood scoop is sparking speculation and rumors – everything from a high-performance version to a hybrid, or simply a facelift. Other rumors include a 3.6-liter H6 – with or without a turbo engine, or a 3.0-liter twin-turbo. But unfortunately the only thing that we can confirm is the existence of this test mule.”

Thought you guys might like this, especially those last few rumors.

·
retired mod
4,316 Posts
I saw other pictures of this with the hood open and it was turbo 4. Some are saying this legacy was the new impreza being tested before the actual hatchback broke cover yesterday. I guess we'll see if this is seen again or only the hatchback mules from here on. Another thing I thought of when I saw it was a 4 cyl (GT's plastic intake manifold, but a different/larger intercooler then the GT) was it could possibly be Subaru testing their turbo diesel. Who knows, wait and see :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
amdmaxx said:
That's a mule for 08 WRX... Not Legacy... License plate very similar to the white wrx mule spotted..
well seeing as all mules would have a subby manufactures plate they would be similar :lol:

I don't think that is a wrx mule... wheelbase is a whole different class of car

·
Registered
168 Posts
cndxrs said:
I don't think that is a wrx mule... wheelbase is a whole different class of car
is it now? :)

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
yeah im with others, i dont think subaru will be putting the 04-05 STI hood scoop, its gonna be toned down im sure...

other then that, i dont think it looks all that different...

·
retired mod
4,316 Posts
It is the SAME plates that just appeared on the hatchback spotted.

My thoughts for the giant scoop... In another picture seen the intercooler is a long rectangular shape like that found in the current WRX and Forester XT. The LGT's intercooler is more square, hence the LGT factory scoop would not fit this intercooler making the need for the larger wider style one.

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
Realisticly speaking, if there is a model that would get a twin turbo I think it would be the STi, thus it's the top of the line performance car in the subby lineup, but you never know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.