IW STi Forum banner

Subaru Dealers in Ohio

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  amiac5000 
#1 ·
Does anyonw know if there are any Subaru dealers in SW Ohio that are taking preorders for 2004 WRX STi's?

Thanks.

-Adrian

#2 ·
I have sent an email to Subaru of Beechmont, at no1subaru@aol.com. John Earls, the Assistant New Car Sales Manager, took my name and info. He did not indicate if there was a list, but I hope there is and that I am on it. Hopefully I am at the top.
This shop is near Cincinnati, in case you aren't. They claimed, like I am sure many do, that they sold some of the first WRX's in the country.
BTW, if you do find out about a list please post something here. I am constantly checking in to find out updates.

#8 ·
Yeah, I would like to get to the track, but I want some guidance/instruction first. I went down to Beechmont Subaru (Cincinnati) for a test drive. I spoke with my contact there (John Earls) and he was helpful and interested. He seemed pessimistic about seeing the car any time in the next 12-18 months, guessing it would be more like 24.

But 2 things of note: Damn I really need some time to learn to drive this car. The WRX 4cyl trbo drives totally different than my VW. My pedal action was rough, and I was a little stressed about when to shift with the dealer in the car. ***This is why I need some time and instruction. I need to be able to drive the car before I worry about lap/track time. I also NEED to get the SCCA/CiSCC autoX as well to get used to driving on the clock.
2: I don't plan to mod the car and the WRX seems like enough for me. (taken in light of #1 above) I need to resist buying it now only to regret wanting more later. I would rather plunk down the $30k for the STi, after waiting, than plunk down ~$25K, then want to mod or sell in a couple of years.

Sorry for going off topic a bit. -j

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: STiWant1 on 2002-03-25 14:29 ]</font>

#9 ·
I am not sure how far you guys are away from Indianapolis, but there is a good 2 day driving school at Putnam Park. The one I went to is done 2 times a year. I think it was called Hikari Racing School or something like that. The Wheel Source is involved in it too somehow. Anyway, I had a great time, learned a lot, and got about 200 miles of track time. I will probably be taking the STi if/when I get it. It might be a good STi mini-meet if you guys are not far from it.

#10 ·
I test drove another WRX with my wife last night. I went to Borcherding Subaru at Kings AutoMall. They have quite a few WRX's. We got to test drive a blue sedan with a "Performance Package": Boost gauge, short shifter, and sti shift nob. They told me 2 years till we get the STi. I wanted to laugh, but the TRUTH is we don't KNOW anything yet. (fingerscrossed) He has my name and he is supposed to be talking to someone today about any news. I think he wants to convince me of no STi so he can sell the WRX. But man when I saw the cherry blossom colored STi on the shifter it made me want the STi even more. Funny thing is my wife liked the WRX, short throw, the little shift knob, and all. She said that if the STi comes out she damn well wants one of those over the WRX. (For those that might not be married, this means I got the green light!!!)

"Now we play the waiting game. The waiting game sucks..." -Homer J. Simpson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.