IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth it to get subaru credit card for subaru bucks?
im seriously thinking about getting subaru credit card, since i buy lot of stuff with my credit card. so i cna get money for oil and etc. what's the max you can get on subaru bucks?

But is there any vendors that sells aftermarket product accepts subaru bucks?
if so, i think it will be great idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Get it! I used to have a credit card that gave me no rewards, but since i've had this one I just received my 4th $100 Subaru Buck. According to Chase, they limit you to $500 a year but I remember reading about people that got more. I would definately recommend if you're not getting any cash back on your current card....plus it has a sweet pic of the WRC car on it :)

-Oh yea, there are a few dealerships that stock aftermarket parts and also accept Subaru Bucks for them (Annapolis in MA is one I know of but I've heard of others)... http://www.annapolissubaru.com/en_US/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i go get cash back on my BOFA credit card. but its not much. how much do i get from subaru bucks?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
^^^ 3% return on Subaru bucks. The only thing better is the GM card at 5%, but that only applies to new vehicles, not parts, service etc. I think the "cash-back" ones are 1% at most, so the Subaru card is a much better deal.

Limit is $500/year, you would need to charge ~ 17k to reach that. If you get to that point within a year, you can always apply for another one. (yes, you can have more than one...) ;)

Of course you need to make sure you pay it off each month; if you carry a balance, you'll be much better off looking for a card with a lower interest rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
austinpike said:
^^^ 3% return on Subaru bucks. The only thing better is the GM card at 5%, but that only applies to new vehicles, not parts, service etc. I think the "cash-back" ones are 1% at most, so the Subaru card is a much better deal.

Limit is $500/year, you would need to charge ~ 17k to reach that. If you get to that point within a year, you can always apply for another one. (yes, you can have more than one...) ;)

Of course you need to make sure you pay it off each month; if you carry a balance, you'll be much better off looking for a card with a lower interest rate.

can i still use the subaru bucks left over from year before?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
austinpike said:
^^^ 3% return on Subaru bucks. The only thing better is the GM card at 5%, but that only applies to new vehicles, not parts, service etc. I think the "cash-back" ones are 1% at most, so the Subaru card is a much better deal.

Limit is $500/year, you would need to charge ~ 17k to reach that. If you get to that point within a year, you can always apply for another one. (yes, you can have more than one...) ;)

Of course you need to make sure you pay it off each month; if you carry a balance, you'll be much better off looking for a card with a lower interest rate.
that rules me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I have had the subaru card since 2004. They do limit you to $500 a year, I hit that limit after 9 months and I went 3 months without earning any rewards:tdown: and I never thought about getting a second card. The subaru bucks are nice, I'm saving them for the upgrade from the wrx to the STi. I'm waiting to see what 2008 brings. I would say get the card, just pay it off each month and it isn't a problem.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
JKonquer said:
can i still use the subaru bucks left over from year before?
yeah, each $100 coupon has an expiration date printed on it, 4 years from when it was issued. So technically if you saved them all for 4 years you'd have $2000 toward a new Subaru.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not bad at all, and is it visa or mastercard?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
MAJALO122,

I have this card, but it has the generic road with no WRC car on the front. I asked when I first applied for the WRC car card and they said they didnt think I could decide the card picture. Im wondering if there is a certain way to get the picture of that WRC on my card?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool, thanks for the info guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
I didn't ask for anything special to get the card with the car on it. I think I actually applied online.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
wrxlep said:
I asked when I first applied for the WRC car card and they said they didnt think I could decide the card picture. Im wondering if there is a certain way to get the picture of that WRC on my card?
I think it is random when they first send it out. Call them and tell them you want a new one. (say yours is worn out and oh, could you get the one with the car on it...) From the reps I have talked to it sounds like they are able to specify either one; I have done it a couple times over the years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
wrxlep said:
MAJALO122,

I have this card, but it has the generic road with no WRC car on the front. I asked when I first applied for the WRC car card and they said they didnt think I could decide the card picture. Im wondering if there is a certain way to get the picture of that WRC on my card?
I had the one with the WRC car on it and when it expired they sent me the stupid road one...I'm going to give them a call now and try to get the one with the car on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Just called the subaru card and told the guy to send me the card with the "race car" on the front instead of the one with the road, and he said it should be here no later then four business days...YEAH :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Do they have your name on them? Could you accumulate those from other people and use em, or is their a limit to how much you could use at a time?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
adriver said:
Do they have your name on them? Could you accumulate those from other people and use em, or is their a limit to how much you could use at a time?
They come printed with your name on them. Most places will not take them with someone else's name. No limit to how many you can use, so if you can find somewhere that does, well, go for it. (Supposedly Subaru cracked down on this recently.) I wouldn't go collecting $20k worth on Nasioc expecting to buy a car with them.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top