IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the new concept for subaur's b11s. Man I have to say it is one ugly car!! what the heck is with the front of it. They literally hired a retard to design the car. The front looks just horrible, looks so bad I cant even explain it. The back looks decent but seems kind of copied from the Chrysler M300.

If the future WRX looks like this!! Help Subaru!!

http://autoweek.com/specials/2003_geneva/

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Well, I dunno about everyone else, but I'm impressed. Concept cars like that are just wild ideas that are thrown out. But if any of those design characteristics are used in future models, I'm impressed.

My thing against buying cars from Suburu have always been the 'ultra anal' designs. Otherwise, what's not to like.

All this only has to do with design however. If they start to drift away from the quality and true engineering they put into their products.....then we are all in trouble.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Good point Clone - just my usual knee-jerk reaction.

I agree that any automaker needs to shake things up with their concept vehicles - after all the main reason for those is to create interest, not to mention trying new technology/materials, etc.

However, several "concept" cars have made it to production largely unchanged from their original - maybe radical - design.

Yes, build quality and such is the most important thing.

However, even though I'm not big on styling... if it's "bad" enough in my opinion, it will make me not buy a car - I mean even if that disgusting looking machine known as a "CTS" wasn't a Cadillac, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I find the concept interesting and I am glad that Suby is pursuing this. They have had an odd reputation as a brand with some groups. Things like this could turn that thinking around. I think this particular car looks far too much like an infinity for Suby to bring the stying into the production line. I do like the idea of the no B-pillar like the RX-8.

·
Registered
963 Posts
So the guys that like the Subie concept also like the RX8... interesting...

I actually like the RX8... except for the stupid back doors - I think that totally ruins the lines of the car.

The back doors are a good idea - I just think that Mazda could have done a better job of hiding them.

OK enough of that - sounds like time to start another thread.

·
Registered
575 Posts
if I only lived at sea level I wouldn't be so locked in a turbo car :) then the market place would be so much more full of choices :)

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Hmm...although I think it looks really cool, it seems to veer away from a typical "Subaru" look...it looks too much like alot of coupes out there...Looks like a 350Z...but with AWD :)

Still, I think Subaru needs to retain some of its subaru cues so you can tell that's what it is. That look makes Subaru unique...the front end with those Celica Spiderman type eyes is overused IMO.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well i finally followed the link and i can say that to me, 3/4 of the car looks great! but what about that front end? blah, waaaay too busy. it contradicts the smooth lines from the rear and mid sections.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts