IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I bought my sti, I ordered a complete upgraded system for it. I didn't want to get anything major with the audio b/c of weight. But then they screwed stuff up and ended up taking too long on the head unit (I had to get back to school which is 3 1/2 hours away). So I took out my LCD HU from my Lightning and had a stereo shop install it along with a JL audio 300-4 amp for the speakers. Once that was installed, I brought my car to the dealership to install the OEM speakers and subwoofer I had ordered. The speakers work fine, but the sub doesn't work at all. So now I have a subwoofer that is just sitting in my car and the dealership wouldn't do anything about it. Can anyone help me??? I don't want to take up trunk space, any suggestions on what kind of subs I could get for underneath my seat that are reliable and make good low-end bass? I would be very greatful for any info. for what to do. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Well if you don't have the stock headunit and are running a 300/4 amp, what is the sub hooked up too or what is powering it? As far as a sub for under the seat, other than the stock one I don't think there is a sub that would fit.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, thanks for the reply. The stock subwoofer has it's own little 80 watt amp that powers it. I'll keep looking for some kind of sub to use that won't take up a lot of space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts