IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not even an STi owner yet, but hope to be one soon. I will be graduating from a Sentra SE-R Spec V but I have some questions that I hope someone can answer for me before I take the plunge.

Here is where I zip up the flame suit....

Main questions is Evolution Vs. STi. Which is better and why?

Saw a show where they did a 10 or 12 point road test between the two cars and it was almost split 50/50. STI won straight line acceleration, Evo won slalom etc etc. Or something like that. Obviously since y'all own STis you felt this was a better car. I have searched the other posts and couldn't easily find a definitive answer to my question so I post it here. I am in Austin and have seen a few around..

Any gripes about the STi? Grinding on shifts? Rattles, squeaks? Tranny issues?

This is a pretty serious investment for me and I want to make sure I have as much input as I can.

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Neither is really better.

The STi has some advantages over the EVO, and the EVO has some advantages over the STi. It's pretty much a wash between the two cars, and the real answer is more which one suits your personal tastes more. I chose the STi because I think it's a little more forgiving as a daily driver.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm not sure where you looked, but this topic has been beat to death a million times, try searching, there are plenty of opinions.

But in the end, it's a car for you, so who cares what other people say. Instead, go drive both of them and I guarantee you it will be obvious which you like better. Even though they end up with very similar performance numbers, they don't feel the same at all, and one of them is going to appeal to you a lot more, no idea which one, but that is how it has been for most people who have driven both.

·
Registered
454 Posts
gobstopper said:
Forgiving? I guess I am not sure in what respect you are talking about? Can you elaborate?
Meaning that it's a little smoother riding (even though it's quite a stiff ride), and a little quieter, and the interior trim is a little nicer. The power band of the STi is much more linear as well. The STi appears to be more geared towards being a street car, where there EVO appears more geared towards being a race car. The EVO has tighter steering, some people have stated that it's a bit too tight for street driving.

Like was said... this topic has been posted many times... and really the bottom line is that you need to check out both and see which one suits your tastes better. It's really hard to go wrong either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts