IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving down the road about 30 MPH when an acorn bounces off the road and right into my hood scoop :-? I hear it go clink clink but not sure if it fell out. When I got home I opened the hood and I hear it some more. Looking at the scoop from under the hood I notice a small area on the passenger side that is enclosed and does go over the intercooler and of course that is where the acorn went. I had to pull several of the screws on the bottom of the scoop and pull back the cover to make an opening for it to come out. I know the opening to the scoop is big but what are the chances of having this happen?

Anyway, thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this.

- Bill
2004 Silver/Silver STi

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
You chances are probably about as good as having a bird get sucked into the scoop... twice. I read about his happening to some guy on another forum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut?

:lol:

:lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, a bird missed my scoop by 2 inches once. its kinda cool actually.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, that Acorn story is original alright. :) But yeah, my scoop has swallowed a poor monarch butterfly. Later, it was stuck to my i.c. But at the same time, I am noticing alot of rock dings on my intercoolers face. Thats not good. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts