Votes: 17 73.9%
  • $300 strutbars FTW

Votes: 6 26.1%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking into getting some strut bars but was amazed to find that the prices for greddy ones for example is 150 each :eek:. well i have resorted to looking on ebay and have found two different vendors that sell both the front and rear strut bars for under 25 dollars. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBA...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBA...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

do u guys think it makes a difference when buying strut bars or should i just go with the china brand strut bars?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
search around and you'll find that many people have the ebay strut bars, myself included. they work just the same as similarly designed bars. the welds won't look as nice, and you won't have a brand name, but they work.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nah i wouldnt rock them....

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well for important performance parts i can justify paying 300 or more but for strut bars..... i just cant bring myself to spend 300 dollars

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
If youre going to buy strut bars, IMO you ought to go cheap, I got a set of used ebay special strut bars, I got them basically out of curiousity - I didnt notice anything different... they arnt worth any large amount of money for sure.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i bought front and rear ebay bars, but i'm only going to put on the front bar. i'm getting an x-brace for the rear. the data seems to suggest that the x-brace is much more effective. if going w/ a conventional bar, i would go cheap like andrew said.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice. any suggestions on the x bar thing that ur talking about?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
the steel version is $390 retail. group buy price should be lower.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i ordered the china brand ones from toys auto w/e that is. they should be here in a few days. i'll let u guys know how they are

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just bought and installed this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=290026994985&ih=019&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT and im very happy with it. Honestly It is just a piece of metal with no moving parts that doesnt really even get a lot of stress put on it so I cannot justify spending 10 times more for a name brand piece. Im all for quality name brand stuff but it just doesnt make sense when youre talking about a bar of metal that connects two brackets.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Why the f*$& are strut bars typically so damn expensive? It's nice to see that we have a reasonably priced set available to us.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The bars are all basically the same, looks and a name aren't worth an extra 1000% if you ask me.

Being thrifty on parts you can get away with it on, leaves you more money
for parts where money makes a difference. Like struts or coilovers.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
reeksti said:
nah i wouldnt rock them....
Even if indivia made them?!?! Hahaha. I'd say put it on, metal is metal, a bar is a bar, you dont need to spend alot of money for it, its gonna work the same.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
ACHAHockey said:
Even if indivia made them?!?! Hahaha. I'd say put it on, metal is metal, a bar is a bar, you dont need to spend alot of money for it, its gonna work the same.
You would think, right?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ACHAHockey said:
hahaha if INVIDIA made strut bars i'de rock them, deff:tup:

·
Registered
717 Posts
WESTI said:
any tips on how to install them?
Installation was pretty straightforward. I found it easiest to assemble the pieces together loosely then mount and tighten the brackets down first. I had to bend down the ac bracket slightly to make room for the bar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts