IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 STI
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth getting the Street Tuner from Cobb and doing it yourself everytime you modify or does it make more sense to go and get it ProTuned? I live a long ass way from anyone who ProTunes with the AccessPort so I was thinking about getting the StreetTuner and doing it myself. What's the big diffrence between the 2, other than it being on a dyno and them being professionals? Can you get close to the same results with StreetTuner as you can with a ProTune?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Well the most important point in my mind would be, have you ever tuned a motor before? Do you know anything about, EGT, A/FR, timing, boost, injector scaling? If the answer is no, then get protuned, it will be well worth the drive and it will save your motor. Yes with S/T you can tune most of the parameters that P/T will, but you lack the dyno and expertise that you gain with a pro tune. Also S/T maps are not compatible with P/T maps and must be converted between the two. I am pro tuned and I jsut bought street tuner only to find out that I can use any of the P/T maps in S/T without my tuner translating them. What a PITA!!!! So.. Going to be selling my S/T software that I never used!! :lol:

·
Registered
228 Posts
After my car came off the dyno, we took it out to fine tune it while I drove. He had me doing 5th gear pulls on some 2 lane highway at 11:00 at night. I don't know how he wasn't crapping in his pants, becuase I was the first time I looked down and saw 120 mph. :eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
there's many more table access in protuner, street tuner is pretty stripped down, combined with never having tuned a sti before... you're MUCH better off arming your car with the mods you want and having it protuned, it WILL be worth the drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts