IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Awsome vid, reminded me what a "real" Subie sounds like!

Whistle seems more like a whine - It's "soft" like a whistle but it seems you hear it unloaded and it tracks speed not, not engine stuff. I'll guess tranny?

Why are you driving around at under 2K? I don't think I spend enough time down there to notice anything. - beside I have so many normal noises to ignore :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awsome vid, reminded me what a "real" Subie sounds like!

Whistle seems more like a whine - It's "soft" like a whistle but it seems you hear it unloaded and it tracks speed not, not engine stuff. I'll guess tranny?

Why are you driving around at under 2K? I don't think I spend enough time down there to notice anything. - beside I have so many normal noises to ignore :)
Its more whistle-like in person. Like if you were to just straight up whistle with your mouth. Sounds more whiny in the vid probably because of other noises. I dont normally drive under 2k. Was probably just running out of hands lol.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear. It does sound like a whistle. But I'm going to double down and narrow my guess, and classify it as a whine. My narrowed guess? Throw-out bearing. Might it becoming from near your shifter?

Anyone agree?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't sound the same as a throw out. Sounds to me like it is coming from the passenger side. Im honestly starting to just think that a combination of the cold weather and a certain speed is just causing some piece of the exterior to whistle. Just like whistling with your mouth, to big or small an opening, or, too much or not enough airflow will equate to no whistling.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Just throwing this out there even though the video didn't sound like an air whistle, but I'd check the silicone coupler that connects the TMIC to the intake manifold. An air leak from there could cause a whistle, but it sounds higher pitched than what I heard on the video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts