IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL

I don't know what made me think of this, but last night I realized that various government and insurance agencies have smashed up a dozen or so perfectly good STi's. All in the name of "testing crash worthiness". It actually made me feel bad. They're only making about 4000 of them, at least let somebody (me :) ) fling 'em around a track a couple of times before they crash them.

It's a weird thought I know... :-?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It's always that way. There is a website around that show pictures of all the exotics used in crash tests.

If you are bothered by the thought of STis being tested, think Lambos, Porsches, Bugatis......

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I wouldn't think they would have to smash up STi's. I mean, the 2.5RS, WRX, and STi are all the same structure wise.

But, yeah if they did that sucks. Somebody should get ahold of the drivetrains and sell them on e-bay. :)

But the thought of $200,000+ Lambos getting whacked is even worse. :(

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i'm betting/hoping the days of destroying cars are numbered. computer modeling has improved amazingly. a few years ago, in a scientific american article, they had a picture of a crashed mercedes benz car next to a picture of a computer simulation of what the car would look like after the crash. they were virtually identical. now if only my models of human cognition were that accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts