IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I own a 2016 STi, there’s a strange problem I’m having when shifting. I’m going to try my best to explain what’s going on.

So, I’m leaving my house I get going and I shift into 2nd come up to a stop sign, put it in neutral roll up to the stop sign and go to shift into first and it’s almost like the shift knob is fighting me, not wanting to be put into first, it’ll start vibrating and it will kick itself out of gear sometimes all while vibrating and sometimes it’ll make a grinding sound (yes the clutch is fully engaged). Here’s the weird part though, this happens one time after the car is first turned on, the gears are like butter for the rest of the drive.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Master or slave issue - bleed first.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hmmm interesting. Im suspecting something with the clutch. The fact that it only happens to only 1st gear, first start up, and pops out at times leads me to a clutch issue.

Either way, before digging into the pockets for a clutch, try bleeding the master and slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
Jay - trans was my first thought due to popping out But I had second thoughts about it only occurring once. Lead me to guess that first try pumps up the hydraulics. decent chance we are missing info symptoms though.

Reactions: Jay11STI
1 - 4 of 4 Posts