IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody running a straight pipe from stock DP back?...im thinking about fabbing one up but just wondering what you think.

·
Registered
214 Posts
im running a hks catless dp and apexi n1 exhaust with no resonator, pretty much straight pipe, loud as hell but it works.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Unfortunately the majority of the restriction is in the stock downpipe, so you might not see much of a gain if you're still using the stock DP even if you have a straight pipe all the way back.
It'll be very loud I'm sure :lol:

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, honestly im just looking for sound right now...im not expecting any gains in power...that will come with the AP!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
turbojoey said:
ya, honestly im just looking for sound right now...im not expecting any gains in power...that will come with the AP!
If you can get it done for a good price then go for it :tup:
Make some video of it too.. it should sound pretty crazy.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
spencer has one for sale in the cali section of the forum. Its a 2.5 inch straight pipe catback. I think he's asking for 75.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pt518sti said:
If you can get it done for a good price then go for it :tup:
Make some video of it too.. it should sound pretty crazy.
my "new best friend" has a pipe bending machine, MIG/TIG welders, and soon to be a 4 pt lift...and i have alot of stuff he wants to buy off me from my turbo RSX-S...so he said i could use his barn anytime...so i guess i just have to buy the pipe and accessories! ill keep everyone posted...the cops around here just dont give 2 craps about noise...3in. STRAIGHT PIPE HERE I COME!!!

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
the invidia n1 race is basically a straight pipe, no cats or resonators...you can see down the entire thing starting at the tip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just put the GT Spec GEN 2 header on and a DC sports DP. ITS VERY loud and annoying (this coming from a guy that has had the Blitz NUR spec R). Just the blitz it had a nice deep tone, but with a 3" system turbo back and the header, Its very fart can Honda sounding. i'm now ordering another silencer while looking for another cat back system that will be more quiet. Virginia is soo anal about anything aftermarket on cars, the first time i drove it through the state since having it worked on i got pulled over.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
the one for sale in the cali section doesnt even have a muffler, its just a straight pipe back lol.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya i dont plan on runnin a muffler either...just enough pipe to get the hot gasses out from under the car...haha! lets do it!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
turbojoey said:
ya i dont plan on runnin a muffler either...just enough pipe to get the hot gasses out from under the car...haha! lets do it!
Git R Dun! :naughty:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts