IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I don't want to go through the trouble of getting a big box in my trunk with aftermarket subs and amps, so I was wondering if our cars come pre-wired for the stock subaru amp/sub that goes under the drivers seat. Or would I need to run wires for it?

Thanks in advance
-dp

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Subaru wired the STI for a sound system. Wiring has been run from the location of the head unit (Subaru 6 disc) to all four doors. If you acquire the subaru speakers and head unit they will plug right into that wiring. To make use of a sub if you acquire one, you will need the wiring harness that plugs directly into the rear of the Subaru 6 disc head unit. I installed the complete Subaru sound system in my STi and stuffed the sub's wiring underneath the middle console. It is very simple to do on your own and the parts can be acquired off eBay or on the forums. A word to the wise: Make sure you get mounting plates for the speakers or be prepared to create your own or come up with something on the fly. For example, I used zip ties and rubber spacers. I have no rattles and the windows do not contact the speakers when powered down. Obviously not the cleanest install, but it works just the same as any professional installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts