IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I took out the EBC... now Im back to the stock setup. What is wrong? I am only running ~7-8psi max , even in 4th / 5th gear. What am i doing wrong? Nothing is leaking and nothing else is different. 2 hoses going from the stock solenoid are now hooked back up to the actuator and compressor. So what is going on? Could I have the hoses backwards or something? I dont even have wastegate flutter anymore... something isnt right. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ... ya guru said the same thing, i'll put it back the other way and see if it fixes it. Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup im a doof... the hses were just backwards... but wierd thing is... theres no WG flutter. Why is that? I dont miss it, but is that what that grinding sound could be? a bad actuator? It sounds and acts like I still have the EBC setup (no wastegate open) and such until high rpms... i dont mind it, but i dont want to blow up my car. In 4th tonigh @ 58 degrees i was doing just a hint < || over .1MPa... so.. i dun know whats up. I will be taking it to a mechanic and then to subaru (if theres a problem) and we'll go from there. I just dont wanna go empty handed and want some kind of knowledge/argument so that im not caught offguard. Thanks for ANY HELP!!

Robert~

o ya... if its not harmful (as I dont see how it could be) for those who are just doing daily driving and want to save some gas, maybe switching the hoses around will help :). I only got about 8 psi and the car was so smooth it almost didnt feel like it had a turbo... so *shrug* just an idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts