IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched and saw several threads inquiring about this, but nothing definitive. so is it 53? the wheel is embossed with "53" but i don't know if that's the offset or who knows what. the service manual doesn't specify; heck, it shows the jdm wheels anyway.

·
Registered
273 Posts
anyone get a x/s downpipe yet?

Are you getting new wheels?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wojo said:
Are you getting new wheels?
yeah, planning ahead for all-season tires for winter. i'm thinking of the rota SDRs. seems to be the only *reasonably* priced wheel that fits.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The offset is 53. What's on the wheel is definitive, but it's in the manual, too. :)

55 is the offset for some Subie 16" wheels, and the 17x7 wheels.

If anyone has found 17x7.5 ET53 wheels, I'd love to know. After seeing the busted Rota wheel, I'm less interested in finding a cheapo rim!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RDiamond said:
...it's in the manual, too. :)
:oops: there is it right there. i think i may have even quoted this # to someone in the past. guess i had a "senior" moment at age 38. :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
No worries -- there's so much bogus info regarding offsets that it's easy to get confused. There's even a sticky thread in the NASIOC wheel forum with bad offset numbers.

I want alternative stock size & offset wheels (lightweight, too)! Or at least a cheap source for the stock BBS wheels. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts