IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they offer bigger tips for the stock mufflers? I have 2018 STI with downpipe, midpipe and did have muffler deletes. It was way too loud so put the mufflers back on, just wanted bigger tips

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
242 Posts
You can find any tip, that you like, that fits the OEM diameter. Any mufflers shop should be able to cut and weld the new tips on.

Or you can buy a new axelback.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can find any tip, that you like, that fits the OEM diameter. Any mufflers shop should be able to cut and weld the new tips on.

Or you can buy a new axelback.
Errr....I'd stay away from an Axelback. Those tend to be louder than Catbacks since they are generally made poorly. Most axelback makers are just making them cheap to be loud for those who want more noise.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Errr....I'd stay away from an Axelback. Those tend to be louder than Catbacks since they are generally made poorly. Most axelback makers are just making them cheap to be loud for those who want more noise.

Wow - totally disagree - just installed nameless axelback with 5 inch mufflers on my otherwise stock 2021. Sound is great, appearance is great - fitment was perfect and the hardware was beautifully made. So if its just appearance and maybe a slightly nicer growl than stock - Highly recommend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have a pair of nameless double wall 3.5 inch tipped muffler deletes if anyone wants to buy them. They have less than 3000 miles on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts