IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering from a show of hands if everyone has found the stock security system to be strong enough to keep all the bad guys away. Anyone know of any weeknesses or chinks in the armor? So far I've found mine to be alright, but I don't know too much about the security systems.. Anyone have thiers stolen?

·
Chuck taught me everything I know
504 Posts
No hood trigger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It also doesn't auto lock the doors when starting up the engine. And then auto unlock when the engine is turned off.

Anyone know how to change that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
04STiMan said:
I'm just wondering from a show of hands if everyone has found the stock security system to be strong enough to keep all the bad guys away. Anyone know of any weeknesses or chinks in the armor? So far I've found mine to be alright, but I don't know too much about the security systems.. Anyone have thiers stolen?
Thats a good one...in northern NJ WRX/STIs are stolen in a minute or so, most have the factory alarm. Mine did. The factory alarm offers no protection it is a false sense of security, sort of like the "Club" and other similar ineffective measures. If you are serious about protecting your car have a hidden kill switch or 2 installed. If you are going to rely on the factory alarm then get another horn installed under the hood (which can't be cut) and get a hood lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts