IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the water here ...

I just bought an '06 STI in steal grey with silver wheels. Less than 500 miles on the clock as of 3:26 EST today. Obviously, it's immaculate and is still being run in.

Having lived with it for 13 days, I have realized it is just not for me. Too harsh a ride and too much transmission noise. I know I should have thought of this, but how else do you live with one without ... well, living with one??

So ... I paid exactly $31,422.95 for it and that was on the road.

If I can get back MOST of what I paid for it, I would like to move it on. Otherwise, I'll just suck it up and live with it.

How much interest would there be in a practically new STI like this and how much would one of you guys want to pay for it? As I say, just testing the water - that's why I have not posted the car in the private classifieds.

For the record, the car is in NH ...

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
how old are you BTW??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheeky buggar ... do you mean mentally or physically ;-)

36 years old. I have owned more than 20 cars in my life (mostly in the UK), and many performance cars. I am an extremely competent driver and care for all my cars meticulously.

·
Registered
22 Posts
truebrit said:
cheeky buggar ... do you mean mentally or physically ;-)

36 years old. I have owned more than 20 cars in my life (mostly in the UK), and many performance cars. I am an extremely competent driver and care for all my cars meticulously.
:lol: (I think you had to type "buggar" as true brit)

It's a bummer that (any) cars take a big depreciation hit right off the lot. It does seem like you got a good price when you purchased (also a function of how many cars you have owned, I figure). The other thing I think might be working for you is that I believe the 07s are not a big difference.

Sorry that it wasn't a good fit for you and best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts