IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my '05 STi Blue/Gold this weekend and I have to say, I AM IN LOVE! Inside and out, beautiful! Mods: Tein Coilovers W/EDFC, Injen CAI, Invidia Turbo-Back, Cobb Accessport Stage 2 w/ Protune, HKS SSQV BOV. Unfortunately, this is the info I got from previous owner as I was not the one to put this car together. Just the beneficiary of someone else's time and $. I wish I would have had the fortune of going along, but... I was hoping that if I added some pics and based on the info above, others may have suggestions/advice on what else I could do to make it a true daily driver, but a weekend warrior that can surely hold its ground.

Please disregard the Cobalt! Just a rental to drive out to pick up the STi!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/kirbyslu/KirbRu/136_3627.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/kirbyslu/KirbRu/136_3631.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/kirbyslu/KirbRu/136_3635.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nice, welcome

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
theres a thread in the engine part of the forum that explains everything. basically its just bad for the car unless u have a huge turbo

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
He should be fine with the BOV because he's tuned. It would require more time and effort to take it off, and he wouldn't be better off I don't think since he's tuned with the BOV

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Def take the BOV off. Get some nice sway bars and endlinks, the ride will be really nice to accomdate the coilovers. Flash to stage 2 with the Cobb Accessport, if you don't have that already or a DP.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Chris05STi said:
Congrats and welcome. Def take the BOV off. Get some nice sway bars and endlinks, the ride will be really nice to accomdate the coilovers. Flash to stage 2 with the Cobb Accessport, if you don't have that already or a DP.
reading owns you chris....he's already protuned :lol:

if you're tuned for the BOV then don't worry...you're straight...if not get rid of it. But like chris said...definitely invest in some sways...a world of difference..

·
Registered
550 Posts
welcome & congrats on the new ride! sways & endlinks would be good, maybe a shortshifter, or a bigger turbo. that sort of stuff lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot for the input. Much appreciated!

I noticed that the suspension is very rigid and almost too bouncy. Going over poor roads or uneven terrain is almost enough to rattle the fillings out of my teeth! Are the swaybars going to do anything for that? How much will I lose by making the suspension a little softer? The EDFC for the Teins is not yet hooked up. Should I even attempt to mess with it, or go for it and risk knocking something waaay out of wack?

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
for sure hook up the edfc and learn how to use it, the beauty of coilovers like the tein's is the adjustability of them. you'll prob. want a bit softer setting for daily driving and a stiffer setting if u run autoX or track the car, but def. search for info to help u out..iwsti is a phenomenal resource and there are alot of guys here that can help u understand ur suspension/how to properly tune it..

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
beautiful car man!! i definitly love the stance...tein coilovers are really startin to rattle my brain! ;) :tup:

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Where in STL are you at? I'm out in Chesterfield.

Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is all great! Thanks! Is the EDFC something I (no experience with BUs, but plenty on GM cars! That's why I have a BU now!) can do on my own. I've not had the chance to *gulp* read the manual or anything on them yet. Right now, I just have a mess of wires in my back seat. It looks like crap and I'd love to clean those up!

Thanks for the info! You can never tell me too much!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts