IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen 2 sti's rolling around town. One silver and a black one. Both on the freeway. Just wondering if anyone around town is on this board...

DP

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder who bought the blk sti at Frank Gentile?? It was used as a testdriver and had 42 miles on the odometer when I took it out for a spin?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. The one I'm getting (from Sommers) has about 20 miles on it. Should I be worried?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
42 Posts
mkewrx said:
Not sure. The one I'm getting (from Sommers) has about 20 miles on it. Should I be worried?

Thanks
DP
I would be worried.. 20 miles might = 10 test drives. The test drives are usually drive it like you stole it. On the other hand the car is built to handle it. I got 4miles on my car when i took delivery.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is the silver with gold wheels. The only one with this color combo that I have seen in the area. I picked it up at Gentile's on May 30th - the same day the truck delivered the first batch. It had 8 miles on it then but now has over 8k miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a black w/silver wheels and live in the milwaukee area. I have seen a white/gold once and i keep running into a blk/silver several times in the last few weeks, I was in the best buy parking lot and i actuall walked up to the wrong car, then i saw it on hwy100 then in another parking lot but i have yet to meet the owner.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I bought a Silver with silver wheels from Sommers last Monday. Love the car in every way (I wanna marry her and have little Sti kids) :D

We should meet sometime before the weather turns ugly ;) Have about 300 miles on it so far.

-dp

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
There is a Subaru cruise going on in Baraboo, WI tomorrow. Some people mapped out a route we are going to take. I will be there with my STi and a couple other STis should be there. I think it will mainly be WRXs though. It was kind of an RSVP thing for copies of maps and dinner after but I don't think there would be a problem if any of you showed up to say hi.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
R U refering to "The Lizard" ? I read about it, but my car is not completly broken in yet :(

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
my times at epping nh

Man, what a great time I had. Felt a little guilty taking my STi on the gravel routes but the STi mud flaps helpped with that. Here are 3 of only a few pics I was able to take during the tamer parts between sections, btw, those are all Subarus you can see and I was not the last one in the line...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice!! Wish I could've gone. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I played in gravel once i just couldnt resist, and then one rainy night in a large empty parking lot...and I never thought id say this but i almost cant wait for snow. Hey what do any of you think of sommers? I went there for my first oil change and was pretty impressed any body else?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are pretty good, and the first time I changed the oil in my WRX, they only charged me $10 for it because I brought in the oil (Synthetic). Now Don jacobs is another story. They wanted to sell an '02 WRX with 30K miles and a fuked up clutch to a friend for $20K.

-dp

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought mine at MSRP from Gentile in Racine...step-son bought at WRX at 3K or so less than MSRP at Gentile. In both cases, Jacobs (which is on my way to work, Gentile is 60 miles away) tried to sell us cars at way above MSRP (even for the WRX). Jacob's only bright side is that they seem pretty reasonable (sometimes even competitive!) on parts.

I was whining to Jacob's parts guy about how the sales dept had lost out on two sales...he said "make that three" as one of the technicians was very interested in a WRX, but the sales staff wouldn't let him drive one or negotiate on price, thus the guy bought his WRX elsewhere. Brilliant! :roll:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: STi-related items for sale

Wow, that's weird. I had no problems test driving my WRX when I bought it

-dp

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe they're changing their ways...maybe not. I do know last winter I COULD drive a WRX (provided a wrote a contract). They currently have a black STi in the showroom. When a friend stopped to ask how much for an STi they replied, "well, that depends". He left figuring if he couldn't get a straight answer to a simple question, the rest of the sales process would be pretty whacked also. The whole process is so very dependant on the individual sales person. In some ways, I really like the Saturn sales approach.

But enough off topic...when/where should all of us STi guys get together? How about a Starbucks somewhere? Brookfield?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
hey guys blue/gold combo here in oakcreek got mine from sommers, i have seen a white one around as well right by downtown! sommers is an ok dealership just had a few issues with them on delivering my car! but i got her now, so when do you guys wanna meet up? i did test drive one from them it was a black one had 20 miles on it, mine came with only 10 miles! if anyone wants to cruise give me a call or pme

peace
Amir

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
well i was on my way back to work from a lunch break and i saw a blue/sil sti, i wonder if there on this site? it was right by the beloit exit.....well is there anyone on here who wants to get a meet set? sometime???

:)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts