IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Some of the old members may remember me from the young days of IWSTI, and I really don't know why I've been slacking on a journal until now! Well, enjoy guys! Still putting it down for the 2004 STi's out there!

Matt's 2004 Aspen White STi
Clean & Mean.

Latest Photo Set: 11/12/07

• Gruppe-S v2 header(uncoated)
  • Ultimate Racing EWG uppipe with TiAL 44mm wastegate(dumping to atmosphere)
  • Deadbolt SZ55 Fatboy turbo
  • Forge Motorsport bypass valve
  • Helix catless downpipe
  • Custom Magnaflow canister-based resonated catback
  • Perrin FMIC
  • Perrin turbo inlet tube
  • Perrin BigMAF intake
  • PE850cc injectors
  • Walbro 255lph fuel pump
  • Hallman Pro manual boost controller
  • Koyo radiator
  • Crucial Racing cool thermostat
  • NGK Iridium one step colder plugs
  • Cusco oil catch can
  • STi high pressure radiator cap
  • Process West front mount oil cooler

• Cobb Accessport v1
  • ProTuned by Dan Harman of Harman Motive in August 2005
  • 375whp/383wtq @ 21psi - 91 octane
  • 404whp/404wtq @ 25psi - 95 octane (smooth, "trackday" tune)

• Zeal Function V6 coilovers - 8k/6k spring rates
  • JDM STi front and rear strut tower bars(no replicas here!)
  • JDM STi lateral links
  • JDM STi trailing arms
  • Cusco version II lower front brace
  • Cusco front swaybar
  • Cusco adjustable rear swaybar
  • Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines
  • Motul RBF600 brake fluid

• Cusco front lip
  • 18x9.5 +40 / 5x100 / Enkei NT03+M in SBC finish
  • 255/35/18 Toyo Proxes R888's
  • Ichiba 10mm front spacers w/extended wheel studs
  • Project Kics lugnuts
  • rolled rear fenders
  • wingless RS trunklid
  • "Matt-spec" JDM tailight mod

• JDM STi shift knob
  • Defi 60mm BF Amber guages(boost, oil pressure, EGT)
  • Defi triple 60mm guage pod(prepainted by Godspeed, now Tuning Factory)
  • Valentine One radar detector(1st mod EVER! Don't leave home w/o one!)
  • Alpine 9837 CD/Mp3 player

Buttonwillow May 1, 2005:

Buttonwillow August 26, 2005:

Matt's Archives
  • "Deadbolt VF34 installed!" CLICK HERE
  • "Spearco TMIC installed(pics too)...." CLICK HERE
  • "STi UTEC-tuned(91 oct. & BLACK HOLE WG)" CLICK HERE
  • "STi "Pink" lowering springs installed, FULL REVIEW" CLICK HERE
  • "Worx Tuning Dual Stage BOV v1.2 initial impressions...." CLICK HERE
  • "made a new quick videoclip of the Invidia today(LOUD!)" CLICK HERE
  • "New goodies = new pics!(not dial up safe!)" CLICK HERE
  • "Zeal Function V6's = wow (PICS!)" CLICK HERE
  • "short video clip of my ridicuexhaust..." CLICK HERE
  • "UR uppipe(44mm TiAL) + TXS DP = no (proof inside)" CLICK HERE
  • "FMIC installed..." CLICK HERE
  • "Pics from recent trackday(8/26/05)(UPDATED 1ST post!)" CLICK HERE
  • "375whp/383wtq on 91!! NOW 400whp/400wtq on racegas!!" CLICK HERE
  • "Invidia G200 -vs- Invidia Racing N1(NEW VIDEOS ADDED!)" CLICK HERE
  • "Matt's STi: 'Got my 'vans on but they look like...'" CLICK HERE
  • "My STi: Forge BPV 4 t3h W1n.(new video 5/26/06! PAGE 1)" CLICK HERE
  • Myles of RaceComp Engineering/GT Worx
  • Dan & the whole crew of Harman Motive
  • Adam of Z1 Performance
  • Edo Performance
  • Luke of Strictly Driven
  • Jerry of Deadbolt Enterprises
  • World One Performance
  • Robert of Static X Motorsports
  • ALL of you fellow members who've helped me out!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Re: Long time IWSTI member...FINALLY MADE A JOURNAL!!(dying breed: MY 2004 STi!)

Whoa, very very nice! I'll be looking forward to a Harman protune in the near future myself!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Re: Long time IWSTI member...FINALLY MADE A JOURNAL!!(dying breed: MY 2004 STi!)

car loosk good man.. finally huh..

·
Registered
4,018 Posts

hey fellow "old timer" :lol: always loved your car. been jealous of the set up for a loooooooooong time now! you where the first person i read of goin to harman. i'm hoping to go there when i get back for tune myself. i haven't talked to them yet though... know if they like utec :)lol: now you know i'm ol' g) and know how to tune avcr's? oh and BIG ups on the rg's bro! i've seen a few set s here in japan and they are just awesome, pics do no justice!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

welcome again, sweeet ride..

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

So clean and sweet! Love the Advan RG's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

munky69 said:
hey fellow "old timer" :lol: always loved your car. been jealous of the set up for a loooooooooong time now! you where the first person i read of goin to harman. i'm hoping to go there when i get back for tune myself. i haven't talked to them yet though... know if they like utec :)lol: now you know i'm ol' g) and know how to tune avcr's? oh and BIG ups on the rg's bro! i've seen a few set s here in japan and they are just awesome, pics do no justice!
Haha what's up bro. It's soo funny to me when people say things like "I've ALWAYS loved your car" because I really didn't post too much of it. Hell it took me 4 years to start a journal! How about that? :lol:

I remember my first Harman tune with the UTEC, so many regrets with that set up, and Dan did a FANTASTIC job with the "mistakes" I had made(remember when VF34's were the shiznit 100% safe turbo "swaps" on STi's? hahaha) like having a high flow cat etc and having the VF34's Deadbolt BFG enlarged wastegate flapper blow open too early totally killing my hp as well. Still did 280whp/323wtq on 91 with that set up though! The car has come a LONG way since that tune in 2004.

...maybe I'll create a "Mistakes I have already made for you" section to my journal eventually! :banghead:

I have had nothing but good experiences with Harman Motive, expect big things to come from them soon! :D Dan has seen it all and tuned it all, including UTEC's and AVCR's. If it can be tuned, Dan will do it. I have at least 3 of my STi buddies that I have recommended to him that have had very similar experiences with Harman as well. Give them a ring sometime when you're back on U.S. soil!

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEE my Advan RG's. :bow: I couldn't believe Joey at World One had the heart to take them off the black time attack STi and sell them to me! :eek: I'm glad I cashed in these babies because I got such a good deal! Thanks again Joey!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

2004 FTW!!

Awesome car :eek:

Love everything about it :tup:

·
Registered
258 Posts

Very nice! Love what you've done. :)

I want to do the SZ55 on my 04. What are your thoughts/ impressions on it?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thank you to everyone who've commented thus far!

I know it was long overdue, but hey I finally did it! :lol:

This journal isn't "done" by any means. As some of you know I have gone through a large assortment of exhaust set ups, and once I can track down the footage on my computer I will post the links to the videos as an update to the journal.

As for future plans for the STi...

Powertrain: I'm at a good "stopping point" for the time being, but in the long term the car will house a full Cosworth longblock and a GT35R(more than likely Ultimate Racing's kit) along with a custom meth injection system put together by Harman Motive using Aquamist components. I've already talked to Dan about custom intercooler piping using the existing Perrin IC core but in a counter-clockwise flow. ETA: 2008. In the short term, I need a quieter exhaust! The JIC Spartan Type II series(probably in full Ti form) will be on the order list soon. Damn Cali cops! :tdown: ETA: ASAP.

Suspension: I_NEED_more front camber captain! The front is dialed in to -2.1 degrees, but that's not enough for my 245 A048's! :D ETA: meh, whenevs.

Exterior: This is where you will see changes in the short term. Off comes the wing, off comes the scoop, off come the decals, and off come the STi sideskirts! I've got a new from factory RS trunklid ready for prep and paint sitting in storage, WRX skirts should be coming in 2 weeks as well. I'll probably order an RS hood within the next month or two as well! This baby needs to have its "Cali Cop-friendly Camo." Plus, I LOVE the clean look of a wingless white STi. Oh yes, almost forgot, a Cusco front lip will replace the JDM STi front lip in this transformation as well. ETA: completed within the next 2 months I hope!

Interior: Zip, zero, nada. I love my interiors plain Jane and functional. Maybe send out my Valentine One for an update? :lol:

I need to hit another trackday soon!

I'll keep updating as soon as I start piecing together my Cali Cop-friendly Camo transformation...

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

Nice mod list! You did a great job putting it together.....very tasteful.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

wrxroy said:
Very nice! Love what you've done. :)

I want to do the SZ55 on my 04. What are your thoughts/ impressions on it?
SZ55 = bridges the PERFECT GAP between a 20g and a GT35R IMO. Spooltime isn't too far off from an FP Green/SZ49, but you get a little more top end. It starts to come alive at early 4k rpm, and it's not boost happy like the VF39---you don't have to worry about throttling in and hitting 14psi right away. Depending on what powerband you like, this may or may not be the turbo for you. If you want snappy response, but with more top end than stock---the 20g or FPGreen/SZ49/GT49 is perfect for that. Or maybe even VF39 + EWG + meth would do the trick for that as well?

The SZ55 can do IN VACUUM what you will do with the VF39 on boost. You may or may not believe me, but my highway gas mileage became SUBSTATIALLY BETTER(((granted, limited WOT runs of course, but driving like any sane person on the road!))) with the SZ55 set up. I could pass and still be in vacuum, whereas the VF39 would peg at 14-15 psi if you just breathed on the gas pedal!

Keep in mind that I'm still using the 7cm hotside! The 8cm hotsides were not available at the time when I purchased this turbo through Harman. This was back in 2005. There may be some top end left on the table with the 8cm, again, if that's the powerband you're looking for.

I am very happy with this set up! Dan has given me a wonderful tune, and I have literally had ZERO problems with it. However, as with anyone who has become addicted to power...the next step for me is the GT35R. It won't be for a while, but the SZ55 will HAVE TO DO in the meantime, I GUESS. :lol:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

..and let me go ahead and get this out of the way...

2004 STi's FTMFW.:banana:

Keep those '04's alive guys!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Long time IWSTI member...FINALLY MADE A JOURNAL!! Archives section added on 1st post!

I added an Archives section to the first post guys with all the informative threads I've created on here...ahhh the memories. :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Long time IWSTI member...FINALLY MADE A JOURNAL!! Archives section added on 1st post!

It's about friken time, mang. As always, your STi is teh sex!!!

Reminds me, its about time I update my journal :p

·
Registered
258 Posts

Thanks man. I want to get it externally gated but either want this or the GT30. That actually sounds like it might be right up my ally. :D That should hold me over till I get the GT30.

Love the Apen White!

1 - 20 of 202 Posts