IW STi Forum banner

sneak stuff behind my wifes back or wait till next year??

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The road to Perfection

Thread and mod list with updates every so often. Should be getting a lot of the stuff in grey next week or so, i will update with pics when they arrive...

I Promise new pics will be up SOON, when the weather permits... and every time i wash my car it rains the next day.. Every time!!!!

--------------------------THE MOD LIST (everything was installed by me by myself)-------------------------

Fuel & Tuning:
  • Cobb AccessPort V2 Stage 2 93oct map
Exhaust / Intake:
  • Invidia V2 Bellmouth Catless Dp wrapped with DEI Thermal Wrap
  • HKS Carbon TI
  • Kartboy Exhaust hangers
  • COBB Heatshield
  • Stock Airbox with snorkus delete and K&N Drop in filter
Drivetrain:
  • TIC Super Shifter Set
  • TIC Clunk Killer (comfort)
  • TIC Rear Diff Bushings (comfort)
  • TIC Tranny Crossmember Bushings
Suspension:
  • Whiteline 24mm Adj front sway bar
  • Whiteline 24mm Adj Rear sway bar
  • Agency Power F&R endlinks
  • RCE Blacks
  • TIC Fender Braces
  • Carlabs X Brace
Brakes:
  • Perrin Master Cylinder Stiffi
Wheels & Tires:
  • Stock BBS (silver) in 17x8 @ +53mm offset
  • Bridgestone Potenza RE070 (almost Bald)
  • Falken Azenis RT-615 255/40/17 (waiting to be installed)
Interior & Ice:
  • Defi BF Amber Imperial Boost, *EGT*, And Oil Pressure with ATI Clock pod
  • Eclipse AVN 5500 w/ Navi and IPOD adapter
  • 10" Memphis in a small enclosed sub box
  • Alpine amplifier
  • Cobra Radar Detector XRS-R9G
  • Nice New Air Fresheners all the time
  • 9 Led Dome light and map lights from SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home
  • S204 Dash (painted ultra flat black by ME)
Exterior:
  • 04 WRX tail lights
  • Cleared and painted Headlights (done by me)
  • JDM Tail Light Mod
  • JDM RA-R stripe on all three grills
  • Hella Supertone's
  • Factory fog lights w/ PIAA ION Yellow Crystal Bulbs
  • Debadged except for the STI emblems on the doors
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps, UR Limited Edition
  • Custom Door Dings!!!
Aerodynamics:
  • Stock Wing........?
  • Replica S204 Front lip from Ebay
---------------THE PICTURES------------------

Quick Pic of the Behind!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
congrats man.... I got the same car and MY wife didn't like it at first, in fact, she was so against me getting it for over a year.... and guess what? she loves it now. Here are a few things you can get without her knowing.... drop in filter, down pipe, protune reflash. No need for a turbo timer by the way... would be a waste of money for what you have.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
can you get a protune reflash without having anything done to your car and just wondering why no turbo timer i hear yes from some people, im new to the turbo thing so im confused. thanks for the input.:D

and what is a good downpipe to get??, also whats the difference between a bellmouth or divorced wastegate does it matter with a stock turbo??

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
get a invidia dp....depending on what you want. catless or catted.

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
turbo timer is needed when your turbo is only oil cooled.

our turbos are water cooled as well, so it isn't needed.

i see you're already stage 2, so you've got a DP and AP.

·
Registered
892 Posts
MasteR_of_Disaster07 said:
oh ya quick question then? why does everyone get turbo timers if they dont need them im just verifying for my own knowledge, like i said i dont know anything about these engines just from watching rally, does anyone have detailed info on the engines in our car??? :confused:
Thats like asking why people who own civics love to put huge wings on the back of thier FWD car, or how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. The world may never know. People do stupid stuff, don't mod your car because someone says to do it, research every mod carefully before hand and you'll have a good car, otherwise you'll probably end up facing alot of reliability issues or at the very least wasting alot of money.

For info on the engine, search around this site. Theres more info here than you'll ever need. also this thread on nasioc has alot of very good information (but remember, some of it applies to the regular WRX and not the STI)

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
people get TT's b/c they want to be cool and they think they "need it"

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you know i figured as much and its kind of funny to me, its not like stuff for these cars is cheap so why waste any money on stuff they dont need, :tdown:man my wife wont let me get anything for my car i feel like im in prison, i wonder if i buy her a tiffany ring if she'll shut up about it.:cool: hhmmm she said till the end of the year well we'll see about that im gonna try to sneak some stuff in.:lol:

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
MBC is not a good idea especially as a first mod. You have a lot of searching and reading up to do before you mod your car man, because it sounds like you are not too sure about what the car needs and doesn't.

People run EBCs but along with engine management and a custom tune. Throwing an MBC alone on the car is asking for trouble.

I beg you, please do some research before you buy parts, regardless of whether your wife is going to kill you or not.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh i plan too and thanks for the info, i know i sound like a newb because i am, im just trying to weed out things i dont really need to things i do need, i would like some good info and i dont want to ruin the driveability of my car. thanks again for the info

edit: just a thought... im obviously getting bad info from my buddy who has an EVO so maybe i shouldnt listen to him...:)

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
if you're sneaking parts by her, make sure you're making the right decision since i appears you'll only get one chance to get it right.

this is where you ask your questions, instead of jumping the gun.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh im not gonna jump the gun, im not ruining anything, i am pretty good with installing stuff, i just installed some new intercooler piping on my buddies SRT-4 with an HKS SSQV and an Injen air intake, sounds pretty good too. well anyway i just scored some stickers off ebay for my first mod(hahah) and when my uncle gets back from laconia im gonna have him take some pics and send them to me

something like the sticker i got

gonna put it where the airbag warning is.. its for my wife, hahah:naughty::lol:

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
please tell me you're going to install that on the passenger visor.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
of course i am, and i scored three of them for 6 bucks, also i think im gonna sell some stuff lying around the house and save up the the accessport v2 for my car, but first im thinking of a turbo gauge, i dont really want the defi's they are too expensive, i might just do the maddad for now then add on later. pics up tomorrow hopefully..:)

·
I Solve Problems
18,254 Posts
Vypurr said:
Prosport gauges look very nice. Just like the Defi, but cheaper.
and don't last as long.

there is a reason Defi's cost more than some other gauges.

you get what you pay for.

if you go prosport you should pick up a spare EGT probe. :lol:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what about the maddad, would it be worth it to just wait and hold out for the DEFI setup or just go with the maddad, i dont want to get something that isnt gonna last as long as the car...help

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
slyguySTI said:
what about the maddad, would it be worth it to just wait and hold out for the DEFI setup or just go with the maddad, i dont want to get something that isnt gonna last as long as the car...help
Defi's all the way, well worth the extra money. Like t3h_clap says, you get what you pay for.:tup:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hold out for the Defis, they're more widely used and getting parts for them would be easier. I've had to purchased little things when I switched cars and had no problem ordering them from my local Defi dealer. It'll suck to have nice guages that don't work because you need that specific plug.

1 - 20 of 355 Posts