IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had the Klunk Killer and the TIC super shifter bundle for awhile. I also have a NRG H-brace. I recently added the pivot bushings and I thought they made the shifter pretty much perfect. However, a couple weekends ago, I added a Group-N tranny mount and man, that made the shifter even MORE perfect.:tup:
This weekend I installed my TIC fender braces and, well, just wow! This morning on the way to work, I could really tell a difference. The car is actually SMOOTHER and I don't know if it is just me, but NVH is actually reduced rather than increased. :confused: This may be due to a much firmer connection from the frame to the firewall and more shock being dissipated into the body.
Anyway, on to Group-N engine mounts and TIC tranny x-member bushings and that should do it.
Any other suggestions? I know the Cusco engine mounts really rock but I think they are not worth the cost over Group-N.

CB

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
is it possible to install the fender braces without removing the fender? i have no fender liners so it doesnt look to bad to get to.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
BM_STi said:
is it possible to install the fender braces without removing the fender? i have no fender liners so it doesnt look to bad to get to.
yes, i've installed the tic ones w/o removing the fender. the gt spec braces are another story due to their design.

you'll love the motor mounts and x-member bushings fastcb. be prepared for some extra nvh w/ the engine mounts though. however, it's not that bad once you get used to it.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I installed the klunk killer combo recently and the crossmember bushings will definitly add a harmonic type of whine at certain rpm's, but it's actually very cool sounding and if you have an even remotely loud exhaust you'll probably never hear it.
As soon as I took the car out for a spin I could feel the difference.
Just this past weekend I installed the other part of the kit, the rear diff bushings.
They actually made the car feel much smoother.. it's wierd because I was expecting some kind of harshness or vibration or whatever, but it was the complete opposite.
If people actually complain about the NVH from the Klunk Killer kit then you need to grow a set or sell your car and buy a Camry or something... seriously! :lol:

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to say if you guys that are reading this don't have the klunk killer kit installed already, then what are you waiting for? It's worth it!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as the TIC cowl braces go...Swivelhead Gearwrench FTW!

Getting the old braces off is the hardest part. Putting the new ones on was gravy after removing the old ones. I did have to loosen the fender bolts (the one in the doorjam and the first one on top) to get the top brace out/back in.

CB

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
electricevo said:
was the tranny mount hard to install?
Piece of cake!

1)Place jack under tranny pan.
2) Remove 2 nuts from mount that go thru x-member.
3) Remove 4 outer x-member bolts-basically, you remove the entire tranny x-member.
4) Remove bolts holding mount to tranny.
5) Install new mount.

I may have missed some steps but that is basically it!

BTW, I saw the Group-N engine mounts for $57 change + shipping on Jamie's website. https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Group+N&x=15&y=8

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Does anyone have the hardened engine mounts already?
Is it a very noticeable difference?
Also, how difficult is the install?

...yes, I'm tempted :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts